Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Snippet: Your Move

October 20, 2013

Hello!

So… one of the things I love about The Walking Dead is how much it blows my mind and creeps me out in equal measure. LOL Seriously, the show has so many little nuances that always suck me in, and yet it tops itself weekly by grossing me out to the point of wanting to heave. :D

Let's see, what else? Strike Back season finale did NOT disappoint. I have one or two teeny quibbles, but I had a huge grin on my face with the final scene, so yeah, direct score for season three (or, well, four, if you count the way I do and consider the first series with Armitage and Lincoln as number one). I honestly hope there's another season to watch and enjoy.

Arrow also ranks right up there on my obsession list. I want to talk and write meta posts about how much I love it. I haven't been so obsessed with a show since the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. Sons of Anarchy comes close, but I sort of avoid the fandom circles for the show.

Anyway, tonight's post is from Your Move, a novella about returning home and finding what the character is made of. :D

Here's the tagline:

Reilly Mounts returns to her hometown after an impulsive marriage and a divorce that's turning ugly. Caden Bromley, her high school flame, wants to pick up where they left off, but Reilly needs some time to figure out where he fits in her life… and she has to deal with her soon to be ex.

And a snippety peek…

Reilly entered Caden's office. "When did you deliver the flooring for the bathroom?"
Caden glanced up from his paperwork. "Around eight." He went back to writing numbers on the page.
Reilly flicked her tongue over her lower lip. Eight pm. Shit. Marco would've been in the middle of his seduction routine. Had Caden…
Only one way to find out. "Why didn't you knock? I was home."
Caden snorted. "I'll say. And occupied" He tossed the pencil on his desk. "What's going on, Reilly? I thought you were getting divorced."
She answered. "I am."
Caden lifted a brow. "Really? You sure about that? You were pretty hot and heavy with the guy."
She put her hands on the desk and leaned in. "So what? You don't own me, Caden. You have no right to spy on me."
Caden slowly nodded. "You know what, you're right." He got up and grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair. "You win. I'm done." Caden walked past her to the door.
Dammit. She didn't want to fight with him. She wanted to curl up next to him and unload about the last two days.
"Caden."
His paused, his fingers on the knob.
"Wait."
He dropped his hand to his side. But he wouldn't turn around. Reilly got the message.
The next move would have to be hers.
Reilly's stuck between a rock and hard place, and she really wants the hard place. :D



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment