Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Hazardous Curves Ahead

Holy crap. What a week in TV—oh, and a kick awesome movie, too.

The Walking Dead's finale delivered the best ending line, maybe ever. Okay, maybe not ever, but damn close. I completely enjoyed Rick's journey over the entire season. And seriously, The Talking Dead and Chris Hardwick are so great. I love having that hour after TWD to decompress.

I have to take a moment to mention S.H.E.I.L.D. also. I'm one of the fans who completely enjoy the show, but the last several episodes have really amped up the drama and awesomeness. I'm excited to see what happens through the end of the season.

Arrow's Deathstroke blew my mind. Manu Bennett is truly remarkable in his performance. I love and hate him… at the same time. LOL I had a flurry of back and forth emails with a friend not long ago and one of the things we love the most about the show is how much Oliver totally screws up so much. His heart is usually in the right place, but he'll make the wrong call and everything blows up in his face. I, for one, love that about the show.

And finally… Bitten. Whoa. The season finale rocked!! I can't believe how much they crammed into forty-something minutes. I made the right call about who really pulled the strings, but I won't spoil anything here. LeBlanc and Santos got brilliantly awesome send offs. Basically, the perfect finale… even the very, very end. LOL I do have a bit of a quibble with Rachel, but I'm actually hoping there's more to her too stupid to live moments… and maybe my speculation will pay off regarding her. Come on, season two. *prays for news soon*

Last, but not least, gotta mention Captain America: Winter Soldier. I LOVED it. It's now at the top of my fave Marvel movies. I've always been a Cap girl anyway, but this movie just kicked major ass. And totally blew up the Marvel 'verse. LOL

My one and only gripe is having Natasha be former KGB. If her birthdate is 1984, the timeline doesn't fit since the KGB disbanded in something like 1991. Hmm… unless she joined at birth. *shrugs* It's a tiny blip. Besides, I can go with comic canon and assume she's doing the slow aging thing if I really need to. J

Whew… should get to the actual post, right? Tonight's snippet is from Hazardous Curves Ahead and it puts my main characters on the hot seat.

Here's the tagline:

Sometimes love is a slippery slope and when Imma and Sef almost crash into each other on a hazardous curve, they end up going through physical therapy together. After several weeks of flirty banter, Imma thinks a relationship with Sef might be nice… until her boyfriend shows up.

And a snippety peek…

Imma started her stretches. "Sef, how's the shoulder doing?"
He made a rolling motion. "Not bad. Only a few kinks."
She grinned. "I'll bet you say that to all the women in your life." She hooked her foot under the bar and did ten reps with the machine.
He nodded toward her leg. "How's the knee?"
She rubbed the scar. "Getting stronger. I'll be dancing in the streets in a few weeks." She laughed. "Much better than driving like a maniac."
He chuckled. "Hey, you weren't the only one flying around that curve." He completed a set of reps, straining on the last two. "I haven't figure out how we managed to survive after crashing into each other."
She moved on to her next set. "The planets were lined up properly?" She shrugged. "Whatever rules the universe let us off easy that night."
He shot her a sideways glance. "Or maybe it brought us together." Grabbing his water bottle, he took a long swallow. "Totally lame, I know, but the timing smacks of serendipitous chance."
Imma got a twisty feeling in her gut. She hadn't kept her boyfriend a secret, but she rarely mentioned him around Sef. Mainly because her attraction to the man made her giddy, and her relationship with Griff bordered on being casual.
Lost in thought, she shot a quick glance in Sef's direction. His gaze lit up and a huge smile crossed his face, but his attention focused on the big doors leading to the main corridor.
Curious, Imma angled her head around to see who'd walked in.
"Well, if it isn't my two favorite people on the planet." Griffin high-fived Sef.
A sinking sensation settled in the pit of Imma's stomach when Sef turned in her direction.
"Imma, meet my brother, Griff. Griff, Imma."
How she managed to stay upright, she had no idea, because her world spun sideways and tilted on its axis.

I know, right? There's nothing quite like having the object of a flirtation introduce her to her own boyfriend, is there? LOL



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment