Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Snippet: The Hunt

May 4, 2014

Another nice week in TV. Arrow keeps going at a breakneck pace. I'm so excited to see how the season ends. S.H.I.E.L.D keeps me guessing a little and I like that. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Ward's situation, but I'd love to see if they can actually redeem the guy. And make me believe it. :D Orphan Black blew my mind. One… because I totally called Cal's role in Sarah's former life. I won't spoil anything here, but I had a gut feeling about him. Now I'm wondering if one of my hopes for Rachel comes to fruition. *crosses fingers* And how about the ending? Oh, man, I seriously hope that Daniel dude gets his comeuppance. Or dies. Either way would suit me. :D

Tonight's post is from the novella, The Hunt, where my couple works and plays together, but not without butting heads sometimes.

Here's the tagline:

Megan and Guy, corporate retreat directors, stage a scavenger hunt for their client's team building exercise. After a major disagreement, the couple spends most of their time making up—and trying not to get caught in compromising positions.

And a snippety peek…

Guy crossed his arms over his chest. "And I suppose it was totally necessary to flash your cleavage at the VP of Sales, right?"
Megan rolled her eyes. "I didn't flash my tits, Guy." She paused. "Not intentionally, anyway." She lifted a shoulder. "Not my fault I've got a nice rack. Blame my mother."
Guy growled. "Your mother is a sweet woman who wouldn't think to use her assets to seduce a team leader into not cancelling a retreat." He paced back and forth. "If Joe Homage doesn't want to be here, let him leave. The rest of the group will follow his lead." Guy stopped. "Do you really want to fight, tooth and nail, to keep this one on the line?"
Megan sighed. "Look, Guy, we need the cash flow this month if we want to take the winter off, right? Exchanging a few niceties can let me get to know what Joe's problem is so we can get this retreat back on track."
Guy conceded her point. "Fine. What's his problem?" He sank down on the chair behind the desk. "Aside from the roving eye?"
Megan snorted, but didn't take the bait. "He's been through twenty-five of these team building exercises in as many years." She sat on the chair facing Guy. "Basically, he's bored, tired, and knows the drill better than anyone."
Guy nodded. "But he's the VP, probably stuck and not going anywhere else, and he's the leader—"
Megan finished the statement. "So his participation is mandatory every time they shake things up and bring in new blood."
Guy's mouth thinned for several moments, then tilted upward in a smile. "Scavenger hunt." He rifled around and dragged a notebook out from under a stack of files.
Megan grinned. "Brilliant. Something out of the ordinary, where instead of finding office supplies, they have to work as a team to piece together a puzzle, maybe?"
Guy wrote out a list of interesting items and turned it toward Megan. She snagged his pen and added a few things to make the search even more motivating.
Guy's gaze dropped to read over her additions and he barked out a laugh. "Not sure that last one is even legal, Megan."
She shrugged and leaned forward, putting her ample cleavage on display. "Don't care. It'll be fun to see how they react." She grabbed Guy's tie with one hand and hauled him close. "Are we back on track?"
Guy slid a hand across the surface of the desk, working two buttons of her shirt loose, exposing the vivid floral print of her bra. "We are now." His mouth met hers and his fingers dipped under the lacy trim of the D-cup, stroking her skin.
Megan moaned and deepened the kiss, letting it catch flame and go hot.

Honestly? Megan's wicked sense of humor keeps this one fun to write. J



That's it for this week. Happy reading.


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment