Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Stone Cold Sober

November 16, 2014

I'm truly thrilled with how much I'm enjoying the TV season this fall. Once again, Arrow and Sons of Anarchy blew me away. Gotham and Sleepy Hollow were excellent. The Walking Dead only has two more episodes before the break and I can't wait to watch.

I've had major back spasms over the last two days and Walking Dead actually made me forget how painful it is. LOL

I've also been listening to loads of music lately and putting several playlists together. Sometimes when I write, I like to have specific mood tunes playing in the background. And sometimes I need total silence, which in my house usually only occurs between midnight and four a.m. LOL

Tonight's post is from Stone Cold Sober, a novella with my main characters almost hooking up before they should.

Here's the tagline:

When Tansy Jons meets West Tamesin, they have an instant connection, but she's dating one of his oldest friends. A drunken evening and almost hook-up with West has Tansy examining what she feels as soon as she's stone cold sober.

And a snippety peek…

West tore his mouth away. "Shit, no. We can't do this." He stumbled backwards, putting more than an arm's length between him and Tansy.
Tansy blinked and shook her head. "You want to stop now?" She took two steps forward then paused. "Because I don't."
West held out an arm. "I don't want to stop, but I'm going to." He turned away, unable to think with her over-kissed lips so close. "Look, I can be a total ass, but I won't betray my best friend. No amount of alcohol will wash away the stench of that particular sin."
She cringed. "Gee… thanks, West. So where does that leave me?" She weaved a little, then toppled onto the loveseat. "Wait, I know. Firmly into the slut who'd do anyone category, right?" She grabbed the vodka and chugged directly from the bottle.
Her harsh words caught him off guard. "No. No. That's not what I mean at all." He moved closer, kneeling down, wanting to be on eye-level with her. "I want you. Badly." He gently took the bottle from her hands, placing it on the side table. "But I won't take what you're offering, not right now." He grasped her fingers. "Because I can't freely accept without causing irreparable damage."
She tilted her head to the side. "Because of David." She nodded. "I get it now." She glanced over toward the couch. "He is a great guy."
West slowly rose, relieved he's smoothed over the awkward refusal. "Yeah, he is." He let go of Tansy's hands, a little bereft from the lack of contact. "I’m gonna take off." He made his way to the door, but paused, angled his head around. "Tansy?" He waited until she met his gaze. "For the record, if we were stone cold sober… I'd be all over you." He snagged his jacket from the coat tree and left before she could respond.
This is one of my favorite themes, when two people should be together but have another person standing in their way.



That's it for this week. Happy reading.


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment