Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday Snippet: Going All Out

Ugh… we're going to hit the fifties this week, meaning my sinuses are going to go on a full scale revolt. LOL

So, I enjoyed the first two episodes of The X-Files and look forward to the remaining four. :D I could totally get behind short-term revivals of my favorite shows.

My general rundown of my weekly must-sees starts now. Skip ahead if you're not interested. The Flash turned in a great episode. Looking forward to seeing if I'm right on a few things. I do wish Harrison wouldn't turn out to be a bad guy this time around, but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed.

Arrow had a terrific show with Felicity battling her old self. I love the subtle nuances in this show sometimes and having her let go of the angry, young woman she once was and accept her current incarnation juxtaposed so well with the underlying theme of accepting her current circumstances and it did it without getting completely maudlin. I love this show!

Legends of Tomorrow amped up the repercussions of traveling through time, but still delivered on the witty banter between the characters. I do have concerns about the show devolving into gimmicky shtick when they're in a different era, but so far, I'm loving what they do.

Agent Carter… Love this show! I have so many theories and ideas of how things will play out. I really, really want Jack to get his head out of his ass and see how easily he's being manipulated. I think it's going to happen, but who knows. I love how much Peggy doesn't hesitate to call Jack on his shit. Seriously, good stuff there.

Even though Teen Wolf feels so discombobulated, I like where everything seems to be headed. I don't know, the flow is choppy and maybe that's being done on purpose, but I'm a little cranky about it. I do love having some familiar faces popping up again though.

I have a new show I've started to binge watch, X Company, a Canadian offering which I'm thoroughly enjoying. I might not rank it up there with Murdoch Mysteries, but I'm only three episodes in. LOL

And that's it for my viewing pleasure rundown this week. The Walking Dead returns soon and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Tonight's post is from Going All Out, a novella that came apart from a prompt of "Try me", show your characters trying something for the first time. I opted to go with dating!

Here's the mini-blurb:

Lance and Xola work together and have a solid friendship, but there's always a little something more between them. Lance proposes a date, something other than a movie or grabbing a bite to eat at the same time. Xola accepts and the fun—and nervous tension—begins.

And a snippety peek…

Xola slid behind the wheel of her vehicle and rested her head on the sun-warmed surface. A date. Holy crap. With Lance.
A smile flashed but quickly died. Dammit. A date… with Lance.
She started the engine and turned the air on full blast. The hot temperature outside didn't account for the burst of heat hitting her core. Lance Silvermane. Her. Going out together.
Alone.
Her vivid imagination skipped over dinner and whatever—definitely not dancing—and took a beeline directly to what could happen afterward. His place? Or maybe hers…
She blinked and put the car in gear. "Geez, Xol. Slow down. The man didn't say anything about jumping your bones." But he thought her ass looked good in yoga pants.
With a wide smile on her face, she eased out of the parking lot and headed for home. A shower, lots of smell good stuff, and a little something special, which would probably include one of the new bra and panty sets she'd had languishing in her lingerie drawer. A sense of giddy excitement had her zipping through traffic, humming a jaunty tune. Her usual road rage with stupid drivers stayed well below the boiling point.
If nothing else, having a date to look forward to put her in too good of a mood to let a little bumper to bumper travel get her down. Merging over to take her exit, she laughed. Lance would get a kick out of her serene state of mind, especially considering she did anything and everything to get out of driving while on duty. No sense letting her behind the wheel when a patient's life hung in the balance.
Turning her blinker on, she moved over two lanes and eased onto the side street leading to her neighborhood. She drove slowly, taking in the bright array of color from the houses lining the road. The gorgeous weather had gardens and flowerbeds blooming to capacity. Still humming to herself, she reached her block and pulled into her drive, shutting the engine off.
Popping the door open, she dashed inside the house and started stripping off her clothes. Leaving the usual trail behind her, she stopped, turned around, and gathered up her discarded uniform to toss into the laundry bin.
Just in case they ended up back at her place.

I'm excited to see how this turns out. I like the theme of doing something for the first time.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment