Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Toying With Desire

March 12, 2017

Seriously, the back and forth of warm then frigid weather is the one thing I hate about March. My sinuses rebel in a big way and it's never pretty. LOL

The Walking Dead had a great episode last week. Nice to see Rick and Michonne working together. Rosita on the warpath is also pretty great to watch.

The Flash is speeding along to the reveal of the big bad and I have a sneaky feeling I'm not going to like who it ends up being. We'll see what happens.

Legends of Tomorrow finally brought Rip back from the edge of evil… or did they? It's never one hundred percent certain with this group. Looks like a great episode coming up.

Arrow had the week off and I missed my Wednesday night fare. I'm not a huge fan of these stupid three week hiatuses. Just show the damn episodes already.

Riverdale also had a great episode. This series is fast becoming my number two show. I loved getting some background about Fred and FP. That said, if Fred had a band in high school, why was he pretty much unable to connect with Archie about his music? Little things and details like this can make or break a show for me. Here's hoping there's some improvement there. I love sneaky Betty. Cheryl's right about Betty betting a terrible liar, but she's got some game with her clueless parents. On a side note, the seeds being planted for a messy situation with Betty, Jughead, and Archie make me happy. I'd like to see a little more Dark Betty emerge.

I finished up Jessica Jones and ended up loving how things played out. As hard as it is for my brain to wrap around David Tennant playing a raging asshole, I gotta give him kudos for being completely creepy. Started a rewatch of one of my favorite Australian series, City Homicide. I love that show. Also need to catch up on X Company and Murdoch Mysteries.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Toying with Desire, a novella that got a start from a challenge to write something not the norm.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Carly Johnson, a savvy business owner who sells sex toys, isn't looking for love… her track record is terrible. But when she meets Zeke Moran, under less than stellar circumstances, sparks fly and Carly wants to take a chance… but first he has to get over his preconceived ideas about her career.

And a snippety peek…

Zeke Moran wondered how the hell a demon of a woman got the upper hand over him. Staring at the empty space while the door slowly swung shut, he felt the loss of heat they'd generated.
Carly Johnson turned out to be nothing like he imagined. She didn't have blond hair or huge tits—though hers were more than adequate—and her head didn't appear to be empty.
No, she seemed intelligent. Eloquent. Cool under pressure. He'd come looking for some skeevy, trampy type. Instead he met up with a weird mix of sexy smart and hotly demure.
The combination completely threw him.
Hell's bells.
He followed her outside… didn't have much of a choice. Found her leaning casually against the concrete barricade in front of the bar, looking strangely ethereal under the neon glow of the sign. She popped up as soon as she caught sight of him, but waited for him to make his way to her. Stuck out her hand as soon as he was close enough.
"Carly Johnson… and I'm assuming you're Lola's brother, Zeke?"
She'd thrown him again. He didn't expect her to be amicable. Zeke shook her hand, even though her friendly demeanor pissed him off. The woman had him twisted sideways and upside down.
And he didn't like it one damn bit. Who cared if her grip was firm, yet soft at the same time?
He sure as hell didn't.
Dropping her hand as if it burned, he growled. "Damn right, I'm Lola's brother. And I wanna know just who the hell you think you are, talking my sister into cheating on her husband."

Zeke tends to step in great big piles of his own creation. He'll learn to think before he opens his mouth.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment