Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Follow Instructions

Geez, I'll be really glad when the back and forth weather is over and done. Snow days in March, man, haven't really seen those since the 80s. At least not that I can remember. The year after I graduated, we had a big storm in March and I almost didn't make it back for spring break. Planes weren't flying out of Atlanta to go north. Fun times.

This week, I played catch up with some of my television shows. Got Legends of Tomorrow up to date. Looking forward to Constantine being added as a regular. At least I hope he gets added. He's so much fun. And I really like Wally as a team member.

Gotta say, I'm kind of "meh" with this season of The Flash. I've grown to really like Ralph but I'm rather bored by the uber-smart Devoe and the constant body swaps. Here's hoping next season has better flow.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up on Gotham. Gotta find the first episode when it returned at the beginning of March. I hate it when on demand and the station websites remove the episodes before I have time to get caught up. Grrr.

I'm caught one of my missed episodes of Riverdale. I'm still a little on the fence about the whole mafia-style intrigue. Hiram buying the paper? Yeah, seriously, not down with that plot point. I'd rather watch Kevin and Josie deal with their parents and Cheryl deal with hers. Also, Chic. Ugh. I have no clue what to even think about that storyline. I want to love it, but I don't. I did love the Jughead rundown about how tangled their relationships are with their friendships. Too true, my man, too true.

I'm down to one episode left on Murdoch Mysteries. I'm a little heartbroken for William and Julia and I'm almost afraid to watch the next episode.

I took a week off from Jessica Jones. I'll be trying to catch more episodes this week.

Chicago Fire has some great crossover episodes. I'm excited about finishing up season five, but then I'll have to wait for season six—see not being available on demand or website. Bleh.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Follow Instructions, a sexy short with a fun spin on following instructions.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Risa Pym and Ford Thrummond, fellow paramedics, enjoy playing one-upmanship with each other, using sexy banter to bank the fires of their attraction. A slight mishap occurs when Ford exits their squad, and Risa decides it's time he learns the ins and outs of how to use the grips properly… and not so properly.

And a snippety peek…

Ford exited the shower and removed the plastic cover protecting his ankle wrap. "Damn, that's a pain in the ass." He hobbled over to the lockers using the wall as a support.
He should be using his crutches but, geez, he hated the stupid things. At least he could go to a boot next week. And hopefully a brace soon after that. Maybe being mobile would cure him of his shitty mood.
Bracing a hand on the row of lockers, he used his other one to yank open the metal door. Wobbling to one side, he got his clothes out and sat down to dress. When he reached for his t-shirt, a piece of paper fluttered to the floor. After pulling the garment over his head, he snatched the paper up and unfolded it.

Let's see if you can follow simple instructions—you know, unlike not making sure your footing is solid before exiting the medic—and make it to the kitchen in one piece.
Your mission… if you choose to accept it… will garner you a sweet, creamy reward.
No, it's not what just popped into your head. Geez, get your mind out of the gutter, Ford.
~R~

Only Risa would rightfully assume his brain would go to the dirtiest place possible. And totally call him out for it. Considering she planted the idea, he should probably think of a snarky comeback when he managed to crutch his way to the kitchen.
But… for the first time all week, Ford laughed out loud. He'd have to give her bonus points for making that happen. He still had a smile on his face when he finished dressing.
Grabbing his crutches, he headed for the kitchen, the note tucked into his shirt pocket. Once he entered the space, he found Risa huddled over two bowls filled with peanut butter chunk ice cream—his favorite. His mood ticked up another notch.
He reached into his pocket, retrieving the note. "As you can see, mission accomplished. Made it here in one piece." He waved the paper under her nose. "You're something else, Reese."
She cracked a smile. "Good to see simple instructions aren't lost on you." Nodding toward the table, she picked up the bowls and headed over. "Too bad you need help with the common sense stuff." A bubble of laughter escaped when she made it to the table.
He followed, slowly. Stupid crutches. And he kept his mouth shut. He wanted the reward.
Risa settled into a seat and placed the ice cream at an empty chair. "Okay, that was a low blow and I'm sorry." She almost managed to pull off a contrite look.
But not quite.
Ford maneuvered onto the seat and propped his crutches against the table. "Yeah, well, the ice cream helps." He snagged the spoon and dug in, savoring the combo of chocolate, peanut butter, and vanilla.
After a few spoonfuls, Ford tilted his head to one side. "What made you think of doing this? Not that I'm complaining, obviously."

Risa is going to pull Ford out of his funk then take him on a wild ride… once she admits she's got it bad for him.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment