Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Snippet: Once in a Lifetime

July 28, 2013

Greetings!

It's been a great writing week…for organizational stuff. LOL I've spent almost every day working on taglines, plotting story ideas, adding to characterization charts, and fixing small details in several thisclosetobeing finished manuscripts.

I feel so productive!!

Tonight's post is from the short story, Once in a Lifetime. I have a thing for writing characters who just can't fight the pull of their attraction, even if they've done stupid things. J

Here's the tagline:

Evan McCoy overhears Sasha Knepf shout his name when she's in the throes of passion with another man. He confronts her the next day in the hotel suite and demands an explanation, which she's not inclined to provide since he ditched her after their second dance at the ball.

And the snippety peek…

Sasha blinked. "Why the flaming hell would you want to hook up with me after I slept with the deputy commissioner?"
Evan shrugged, considering the question fair. "Oh, I don't know, Sasha. My name sounded pretty damn good coming from you." He pinned her with his gaze. "Like it burst from somewhere deep in your soul."
Something fleeting crossed her features, a moment of truth she didn't want him to see.
She quickly covered by rolling her eyes. "I think you're just pissed because the DC got one up on you"
He snorted. "I don't like the guy, true. But maybe if you'd stuck around when I got called away by the commissioner, the night would have turned out differently."
Sasha glanced away. "You sure about that, Evan?"
Instead of answering he countered with a question. "Why'd you wear the dress, Sasha?" She hated anything resembling formalwear.
Sasha met his gaze again. "You called my hygiene into question. I had to prove you wrong."
He inclined his head. "Ah…so it wasn't about yanking my chain?"
She didn't answer. Really didn't have to, because tweaking him definitely came into play.
She quirked a brow. "It's a dress, Evan. Not a big deal."
He shook his head. "No, no. You're wrong, Sasha." He moved in closer, leaving less than a foot between them. "What did you say? Oh…yeah. Once in a lifetime opportunity." He took another step forward, "Well, that sounded like a promise to me." Another move closer. "And you didn't deliver."
Sasha held her ground. "Careful, Evan. You're gonna bite off more than you can chew."
He grinned. "My teeth are just fine, Detective. I think you're the one who can't handle it."
She rose to the challenge. "Try me."
She didn't have to ask twice.
Evan leaned in, his mouth inches from hers. "I think I will." His lips crashed against hers, his tongue slipping past her teeth to explore at leisure.
Sasha moaned low in her throat and dragged him against her, her hands grasping his biceps, nails digging in.
So much fun writing these characters and their conflict resolution. :D




That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment