Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Snippet: Pregnant Pause

Hi,

I'm going to bore everyone with all my Strike Back talk, but holy hell, the hits keep coming. Poor Scott can't catch a break. I do have one wild hair theory of what I want for him at the end of the show's run, but I'll keep mum so I don't jinx it. :D

Speaking of jinxes, in Pregnant Pause, Nora and Logan sort of jinx themselves when they can't keep their hands off each other and their protection fails. They're in a very remote location and the area makes their situation rather interesting.

Here's the tagline:

Nora Dunne and Logan Rider are wildly attracted to each other and doing a stint in a remote location for a research project. When sexual tension gets in the way of the work, their decision to act on the magnetic pull leads to unexpected consequences.

And a snippety peek…

Logan stopped cross-checking his samples. "You're what?" He couldn't have heard her right.
Nora repeated her announcement. "I'm pregnant—as in knocked up, bun in the oven." She shuddered. "You know, with child."
Logan carefully set his work aside and made his way to her station. "But…" He almost asked how, but hell, he knew how. "God. From one time?"
Her lips turned up in a sneer. "Yep." She shot her gaze sideways. "You've got some pretty potent sperm there, Logan."
He sank down beside her. "Shit." His shoulders slumped. "What are we gonna do?"
She raised a brow. "We?"
He corrected. "Sorry. What are you gonna do?"
Her jaw tightened and a muscle ticked in her cheek. Dammit, he had no idea how to handle the news let alone her. Could she maybe cut him some slack?
He blew out a hard breath, and tried again. "What do you want to do?"
Nora shook her head. "I have no idea."
He shot up and paced. "Well, hell, Nora. That helps so much." He stopped. "Look, I'm sorry. I honestly don't have a clue how to respond here, but let me be clear…" He sat down again. "Whatever I can do, I'll do. Whatever you decide, I'll support. If you need help, ask. If you wanna shove my head up my ass, fine, I don't blame you, but don't try it." His hand covered hers. "I mean we're basically stuck here and you're going to need someone to help out no matter what you decide. I'm your guy."
She rolled her eyes. "Obviously."
His shoulders slumped. Did she have to do the quippy comeback thing all the time?
Nora turned her palm up and laced their fingers together. "I'm sorry. I get snarky when I'm off balance and, well, is it too early to blame hormones?"
He chuckled, but said nothing.
She squeezed his hand. "Thank you. For not freaking out or losing your mind." Her head lowered to his shoulder. "And I appreciate everything you said. We've got some time to make decisions." She emphasized the 'we' part. "Give me a day to get my head on semi-straight and we'll sit down and figure everything out, okay?"
He wrapped an arm around her waist. "Yeah, okay." He loosened his grip and stood. "Let me give you some space, alone time, whatever you want to call it. I'll finish up the checks and get the data catalogued."
Nora's lips quirked. "And then you can try to wrap your head around everything, too, once you've finished." She got up and pushed the work bench under her lab table. "I think I'll go see what's available in the food locker and make some dinner."
Logan kept his mouth from dropping open and nodded. Nora? Volunteering to cook? Maybe she did have some crazy hormonal thing going on already.
Laughing, he went back to his work area, grabbed a sample, and put the slide under the microscope.

I'm not completely sure where Nora and Logan will end up or how they're work out their unexpected glitch, but I'm patiently waiting on the sages to whisper in my ear. J



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment