Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Get Hooked: Reel in a Great Book--Down in Mexico #MFRWHook

Welcome to Book Hooks, the weekly smorgasbord sampler hosted by the MFRW Authors Blog.

Readers: get hooked and reel in some great books. Authors are sharing short excerpts from their work. Please enjoy and consider picking up the full book by clicking on the buy link.

MFRW Authors Blog

Today I'll be sharing a glimpse of Down in Mexico, my opening short story from the South of the Border series.

Her brow knit with confusion. "But I thought you said—"
"I did. I lied."
Her mouth opened, then snapped shut. So many emotions crossed her face he couldn't keep up with them.
She got up and paced the kitchen. "What exactly did you lie about?"
"Things aren't completely over. There's one more member of the espionage group out there. The top guy."
She stopped walking and leveled her angry gaze on him. "You son of a bitch." Her hurt and anger almost did him in.
"Look, Kier. I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do to draw him out."
"Right. A member of the most covert team in the world can't figure out a way to take out the last target without dragging me into it?" She whirled away from him to look out the window. "God, I'm so stupid. I'm nothing but bait to you."
Lars shot to his feet. "You'll never be 'nothing but bait' to me. I love you, dammit."

She angled her head around and rolled her eyes. "Right. You love me so much it could get me killed. Thanks for that."





Blurb: Kiernan Darby spends five long years playing dead, living life in limbo, but it lets Lars Rademacher do his job and eliminate members of a lethal crime syndicate. Lars tracks Kiernan down in Mexico and their reunion is sweet… until Lars reveals a pesky detail he forgot to mention.










Reel in more great books! Visit the other participating authors.


No comments:

Post a Comment