Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Photo Ops

I kind of love this time of year. New shows are being buzzed about and my returning favorites are beginning to film their new seasons. My Tumblr dash is full of fun news and tidbits of information about the upcoming storylines. For me, it whets my appetite and makes me hungry for more. J

I'm watching The Last Ship as I type my post for the week and I sincerely hope it gets a second season. Oddly, it's one show I haven't heard anything about. Of course, my schedule blew up and I haven't had time to do my usual search for info. Here's hoping I have a little time this week to do a seek and find mission. J

Tonight's post is from Photo Ops, a novella where a very hot police fundraising calendar gets a couple together.

Here's the tagline:

When Mace McKenna decides not to participate in the annual Officers of the City charity calendar photo shoot, Nina Dean won't let up until he caves. But when Nina loses a bet and has to pose for the women's version, she soon discovers Mace is the orchestrator of the whole thing.

And a snippety peek…

Nina plopped down on the bench in the locker area. "Come on, Mace. It's just a towel. You wouldn't want to disappoint your dedicated fan base, now would you?" She smirked.
Her smug tone had him quickly answering. "Um, yeah. I have no problem with that." He dragged his T-shirt over his head and tucked it into his waistband.
Nina shook her head. "Should've known you'd go all stodgy and stick up your ass." She rolled her eyes. "Guess you don't practice what you preach, huh?"
He narrowed his eyes. She wanted to push his buttons and he shouldn't rise to the bait. He really shouldn't.
But he did anyway. "What's that supposed to mean?"
Nina stood and slowly paced back and forth. "Morale is important. Keeping spirits up can save lives. Everyone has to do their part." She shot him a scathing look. "Does any of that sound familiar?" Her hands went to her hips and she quirked an eyebrow.
Well, shit. She had him. Word for word.
He sighed. "I hate you, Nina. I really do."
She made a triumphant sound. "But you'll be at the shoot tomorrow, bright and early, won't you?" She all but danced her way to the exit. "I'll call the studio and deliver the good news."
Mace called out. "You're enjoying this a little too much."
Her laughter rang out before the door closed behind her.
Mace let the quiet settle around him, the beginnings of a kick ass idea teasing his mind. "Nina… you're about to find out how much of a bitch payback is."
This one is a ton of fun to write. Nina is a hoot and Mace is super sneaky when he wants to be.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment