Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Quixotic Cake Capers

September 21, 2014

Hi,

Blargh. I'm still not caught up with Haven. I am, however, and probably as expected, up to date with Sons of Anarchy. Seriously, I have no idea where I want anyone except Gemma to end up. LOL Kudos to Charlie Hunnam for the primo job he's doing portraying Jax.

Sleepy Hollow starts Monday and I can't wait for more batshit insane goodness from that show. I'm so looking forward to November when I'm not working seven days a week and can really sit back and enjoy my shows.

Tonight's post is from Quixotic Cake Capers, a sexy short story where my heroine challenges herself to do something domestic for her man.

Here's the tagline:

Tori Plum decides a making a cheesecake for Gray Calhoun isn't beyond her capabilities even though she's definitely not a domestic goddess. Seventeen tries later, she's ready to call in the troops or throw in the towel.

And a snippety peek…

Tori stood in front of the kitchen sink, her unfocused gaze missing the snowfall accumulating on the ground outside. Gray's parting comment about the burnt toast still stung. Not her fault she didn't make toast on a regular basis. And she'd developed an allergic reaction to turning on a stove.
She glanced toward the gleaming stainless steel appliance and fought an urge to sneeze.
Gray didn't mean anything by his remark. He knew full well Tori and kitchens didn't mix. But he'd overslept and had to catch a flight for an important meeting with a potential new client. Tori figured she could at least make some toast while he showered.
Right. Not so much. More like a burnt offering to the charcoal briquette god.
She lifted her mug of coffee to her lips and grimaced when the cold liquid hit the back of her throat.
Dumping the contents down the drain, she shuddered. "I can't even make decent coffee." She rinsed out her dish and placed it in the drainer before heading into her office to get started on editing a new manuscript.

I love writing odd scenarios. Tori's aversion to the kitchen and cooking is a hoot to write.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment