Friday, November 21, 2014

Smokin' Hot—Down in Mexico


Welcome to the Hot for Friday blog hop!

Readers: Enjoy weekly posts from authors with fun weekly tasks or a cool question.

Authors: Get in on the fun and join here.

For this week's entry, we authors are tasked with sharing a scene with sexual tension.

My excerpt is from Down in Mexico, a sexy short story in my South of the Border series from Ellipses Press.

~*~

He should say something. About the future. She might not want it to include him.
Holding her gaze, he asked tentatively. "So what now? His thumb worked over her hand. "Will you stay down here or pull up and head home?"
Kier didn't hesitate. "I'm staying. This is home. The one I've been searching for all my life." She propped her feet in his lap and wiggled her toes. He obliged her, massaging the balls of her feet.
"You wouldn't happen to have an opening for an unemployed covert operative, would you?"
Kier's eyes widened. "You mean…" She let the question trail off.
"I resigned from the unit. Everything's done but the paperwork." He moved his hands to her ankles and massaged gently.
"Wow." She cocked her head sideways, shooting a playful glance his way. "I'm not sure you've got the right skill set to work with me."
He gave her an affronted look. "You're kidding, right?" His fingers started working on her calf muscles. "I'm handy to have around."
She quirked an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I'm great at heavy lifting. I'm also methodical, organized, and very good at finding things." He brushed his fingers down her shins and started on her feet again.
Kier laughed. "You're hired." She nudged his ribs with her foot. "You had me at heavy lifting."
He smiled. "When do I start?"
Kier went quiet. "Seriously… you're sure you want to stay down here with me?"
Words he wanted to hear. Hell yes.
"I'm sure. I love you Kier, I always will." He pressed his thumbs, massaging deeply, and she groaned.
"God, I love you, too."
Grinning, he teased her. "Besides… who else could you get to do this for you?" He worked his thumbs along the arches of her feet and she laughed.
Grabbing hold, he squeezed her feet tightly. "Seriously though, it's time for me to put down some roots, too."
Kier held his gaze, hers full of understanding.
Then she completely changed the mood by shifting her feet lower, brushing them over his cock. "Wanna go get naked?" Her eyebrows waggled.
What else could he do? He nodded emphatically, shoved her feet off his lap and stood, holding out a hand.
~*~

I hope you enjoyed the tension.


Available on Amazon
More e-retailers coming soon!

~*~

Series Blurb: Sun, sand, and danger. International intrigue mixes with steamy romance to create hot situations—South of the Border.



Book Blurb: Kiernan Darby spends five long years playing dead. It's a life in limbo, but it lets Lars Rademacher do his job and eliminate the members of a lethal crime syndicate, Kiernan's former employers.

After discovering she's alive and well, Lars tracks Kiernan down in Mexico. Their reunion is sweet… until he reveals a pesky detail he conveniently forgot to mention.

Kiernan isn't completely safe. In fact, Lars is using her as bait to catch the last member of the espionage organization.




~*~

Thank you for stopping by.

Please feel free to drop by my website


And don't forget to enjoy the other Hot for Friday samples!





2 comments: