Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sunday Snippet: Under the Impression

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, no matter what you celebrate. And if you don't recognize a particular season, I hope you had a great week.

Happened to catch a teaser for Banshee, returning January 9. Gotta say, I can't wait. Also watched Pacific Rim about five more times. I love that movie. LOL

Other than waiting for a few more shows to return, I've been spending my holiday with The Doctor. I gripe about BBC America only showing Top Gear and Gordon Ramsey cooking shows all the time (seriously, it annoys the bejesus out of me), but I do love it when they marathon a favorite show.

Anyway, tonight's post is from Under the Impression, a sexy short where my main characters take a chance and act on their attraction, but have one big hurdle to overcome.

Here's the tagline:

Gris Ravenswood, owner of the hot night spot, Impressions, has it bad for his lead bartender, Kari Dans, but she's in a relationship with a semi-pro golfer. When Kari imbibes too much at an after party and puts the moves on Gris, he thinks he's finally got a chance… until Kari receives a text and runs off to be with the guy who always leaves her behind.

And a snippety peek…

Kari held up a bottle of vodka. "Hey, boss. Come sit with us. Share a round." She poured a shot and slid it to the end of the bar.
Gris narrowed his eyes. "Are you inviting the owner to your after party?" He parked his butt on a bar stool and downed the clear liquid. "Whoa… and you're using the top shelf stuff."
Kari grinned. "Nothing but the best for your hard-working staff." She lined up the glasses and poured, emptying the bottle without spilling a drop. "Drink up, guys."
Gris waited until everyone had their respective shots in hand. "How 'bout a toast?" He lifted his vodka, holding it out. "To the best staff… who just had the highest quarterly profit in our two years of operation."
A round of cheers went up and Gris rose, clinking his glass with each employee.
When he got to Kari, he touched his glass to hers. "You're a big part of the upswing. Thank you."
Her lips curved. "You're welcome. But if you hadn't let me set up the way I wanted, I couldn't have worked my magic." She leaned over the bar and pulled out another bottle. "Think this is gonna be one hell of a party, Gris. Are you sticking around?"
He took the alcohol from her hands. "I am. And I'm playing bartender. Sit your ass down and let me take over."
She shot him a sideways glance. "Gonna be hands on now? Can't wait to see you in action."

Kari is under the impression Gris is married to the bar, but learns differently in a big way.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment