Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Under the Influence (A South of the Border Book)

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is getting a great start to the new year. I kind of love this time. It's almost like a period of renewal. I jot down goals or revisit past ones to see my progress. Last year, I got more accomplished than I realized, which makes me excited for 2015.

On the television front, I finally sat down and watched Ascension and I’m sooooo glad I did! If Syfy gives a green light to make it a series, I'll be a happy camper. I also took some time and got started on The Librarians and I'm charmed by the show. It's a little campy and ridiculous, but I don't care. It's fun, lighthearted, and reminds me a lot of Warehouse 13, which I loved.

Looking forward to the return of my regular viewing treats and the start of the new seasons for Banshee and Bitten.

Tonight's post is from Under the Influence, one of the books in the South of the Border series.

Here's the tagline:

When her father dies, Lilith Jans inherits a piece of hotly sought after property in Mexico. She also unknowingly takes on an unpaid debt, which puts her life in danger. Hayden Knoxville makes her an offer she wants to refuse, but can't—sell to him and he'll deal with the men coming to collect payment.

And a snippety peek…

Lilith straightened her shoulders and moved to brush past Hayden. A patron entered the bar area, making her adjust her trajectory and her elbow bumped against his. A shudder tore through her. The contact, minimal and so brief, heated up her spine. Her step faltered and she had to brace a hand on the door jamb to keep moving forward.
Following Lilith to the kitchen, Kiernan shook her head and opened her mouth.
Lilith held up a hand. "Don’t. Just don't even say it."
Kiernan shrugged. "Okay, but you're gonna have to face what you feel sooner or later."
Lilith closed her eyes and exhaled a calming breath. "Later it is. Much, much later." She grabbed a bottle of vodka from an open case, twisted the cap off, and poured a shot's worth into a tumbler. "I don't even like the man. How can he make me so hot I want to strip his clothes off and jump him?" Picking up the glass, she drained the contents.
Kiernan quirked an eyebrow. "Maybe you're fighting too hard, Lilith. Why don't you just get down and dirty with Hayden? You know, have mind-blowing sex, work off the tension, and move on." She splashed a little more alcohol into the glass and handed it back to Lilith.
Why the hell not? She'd never get anything accomplished if she couldn't manage to spend five minutes with the man without wanting to either punch or make out with him.
Lilith set the cup on the counter and picked up the bottle before meeting Kiernan's gaze. "Dammit. You had to plant that idea in my head, didn't you?" She brought the vodka to her lips and took several healthy swigs.
Kiernan chuckled, but took the bottle from Lilith. "No more for you. Trust me, you'll want a clear head so you can remember every detail." She recapped the alcohol and stashed it under the counter.
A vivid image of Hayden, naked, hard, and ready, flashed through Lilith's mind.
She shot Kiernan a sideways glance. "I hate you, Kier. I truly do." Because she did want to have total recall of every sensual, sexy thing Hayden would do to her.
Kiernan's laughter rang out and she headed back toward the bar area. "Then my work here is done." She looked back over her shoulder. "Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She ducked back into the bar, leaving Lilith alone in the kitchen.
She finally smiled. "Well then, at least I've got plenty of options."
Gotta say, it's been great to touch base with Kiernan and Lars from Down in Mexico. I love working in little pieces with them.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment