Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Weathering the Storm

Whew. Can I say transferring data from old computers to new computers is a pain in the waz? It seriously is. Gah.

Anyway, moving files didn't stop me from watching my appointment television. Gotham is keeping me interested. Banshee, with only one episode left, has me hanging on the edge of my seat. Bitten keeps improving on the books. And I don't mean it's better or anything, but I like the changes so I don't always know what's coming next. And finally, The Walking Dead is actually kind of riveting lately. I absolutely love the almost scaled back tension and how it's building to hopefully something big.

Patiently waiting for Strike Back to return and Orphan Black very soon now. Need to watch the first two seasons again just to ramp up.

Tonight's post is from Weathering the Storm, a sexy short where my couple gets to spend some quality time snowed in by the weather.

Here's the tagline:

Gabby Carns and Tim Appleby live in a remote, mountainous region. When the weather report warns of massive snow fall, the couple prepares for the coming blizzard. But instead of being fearful, they're looking forward to the alone time—nothing brings out the steamy romance like a plunge in the temperature.

And a snippety peek…

Gabby Carns stood elbow deep in dishwater, scrubbing a roasting pan. The dishwasher ran quietly beside her, but she preferred hand washing the big items.
"A huge storm is moving in, folks. Predictions of anywhere from thirty-six to sixty inches of the white stuff. Better hunker down and brace for the worst."
Gabby smiled. The news report didn't fill her with concern. Instead, she shook the suds off her hands and ducked her head out of the kitchen.
Tim Appleby glanced up from poring over his new furniture design. "Sounds like a bad one." He rolled up the drafts and tucked them away.
Gabby grinned. "I know. Can't wait." Tim gave her a sexy wink and she turned back to the roaster, rinsing it off, and placing it in the drainer.
Tim switched off the news. "Think I'll go get started chopping some extra wood." He shrugged into a quilted flannel and sat down to put his boots on.
Gabby pulled the stopper and let the water out of the sink. "I'll check our supplies and make a trip down to town." She dried her hands and opened the notepad app on her phone.
She paused and met Tim's gaze. The tension stretched between them and a delicious shiver slid down Gabby's spine.
She loved a good snowstorm.

This one has the potential to slide into novella length if Tim and Gabby decide they're really enjoying the blizzard. LOL



That's it for this week. Happy reading.


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment