Saturday, April 4, 2015

Saturday Standard--Busted in Bubbles: A page from Emsley Bourne's journal




I've taken a long hiatus from posting the Saturday Standard. It's time to revisit this fun little blog idea.

What is the Saturday Standard?

A fun little sneak peek behind the scenes, featuring character interviews or another type of glimpse into their lives, or six or seven questions about the setting, plot or character traits, or a collage of inspirational pictures I used while writing the manuscript. Basically, anything that strikes my fancy.

This week, I'm sharing a page from Emsley Bourne's journal. Emsley is the heroine of Busted in Bubbles and she's completely stoked she managed to pull off a silly little prank against Rayne McKinnon. She's got a reason for being so thrilled…

Take a look…

Success! I can't believe I pulled off short-sheeting Rayne McKinnon's bed. And it was soooo easy. Well, for me, anyway. Thanks, Dad! Sometimes is pays to have a criminal in the family.

So, I wonder how long it'll take Mr. Uber-Security-Expert to figure out who's pulling the stunt. Seriously, I can have so much fun with this. Rayne ends up coming to almost every conference I attend. I figure he'll have me nailed as the culprit within a month, maybe two. The guy's got a solid reputation and knows his shit. Totally hot, by the way. I love a man with the smarts to back up his good looks.

Short-sheeting. Man, I haven't tried to attempt that feat since summer camp a loooonnnggg time ago. Most fun I had as a kid. And yeah, completely juvenile, but at least it brings back one of the few happy memories I have of growing up. Before I had to move in with Dad. Eh, whatever. At least he gave me a skill set I can use for work. Who knew knowing how to bypass security systems would turn into such a lucrative, honest, profession? It's a good thing no one asks me how I know so much about the pros and cons of our product line.

Anyway, here's hoping Rayne figures out my little trick pretty soon. I'd love to see his reaction and maybe finally have a reason to spend time with him that's not sitting over coffee or talking shop at lunch.

Fingers crossed.

~Emsley~

Find out how long it takes Rayne to peg Emsley as his trickster in Busted in Bubbles.

Tagline: Is there anything better than a bath time romp with a hot man? Emsley Bourne wants to find out.


Available on Amazon



Blurb: Rayne McKinnon sells a lucrative security-consulting job and it's time to move on to his next objective: adding a partner. He wants Emsley Bourne, personally and professionally, and puts a plan in motion to achieve his goal. She only has to follow through with her usual tradition.

Emsley lives for the next thrill, in business and life. She's got a unique skill set and uses it to gain access to Rayne's cabin to follow through on her standard short-sheeting escapade. Imagine her surprise when she discovers Rayne soaking in a tub full of bubbles. Busted, she can either flee the scene—or join Rayne for some bath time fun.




Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment