Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Calling Bull

Whew. What a week in television! First, Teen Wolf pulled off a pretty interesting ending for the summer finale. That being said, I'll happily watch Theo die in a fire created by Parrish if that ever happens. Just saying.

The Last Ship threw in a few more little twisty bits. I tweeted last weekend about wishing they'd stop killing my faves and boot off the Ramseys. Here's hoping someone heard my plea. LOL

Defiance turned in a kick ass finale. I'm so hoping it's not the end of the series, but if it is, I could live with the way it ended. That said, I think there's a buttload of potential left and hope to see more from this show. Dark Matter ended up being way better than I thought. Finally have more info about Two. It's a little sketchy but enough to keep me interested. And wow… I have to say I didn't see the end coming with Six. I'll leave it there for anyone who hasn't seen how things are left, but yeah, I'm in for more.

Not sure what Syfy has slated for their Friday nights now, but whatever it is, the shows have a tough act to follow. Fingers crossed for good stuff.

Haven't mentioned Dominion lately, but again, good show that's holding my interest. We'll see how they leave things for their finale. Haven is starting soon and I'll probably be a blubbering mess when it's over because I love that show so much. Stay tuned. LOL

Tonight's post is from Calling Bull, a sexy short where my hero knows my heroine a little too well and isn't afraid to remind her.

Here's the mini-blurb:

No one knows Ivy better than Ward. A fact she truly hates sometimes. But when he pushes her into a corner, she either comes out swinging or learns to forgive and forget.

And a snippety peek…

Ward Farthington barreled through the corridors with one thing on his mind. Find Ivy Tweed and make her see reason.
He rounded a corner and almost collided with a desk sergeant. "Sorry, Frank." Ward took a step back. "Did Ivy come this way?" His gaze swept the crowded hall.
Frank gave a quick nod. "You bet she did." He leaned in, lowering his voice. "And she looked pissed as hell. You didn't have anything to do with that, did you?"
Ward sighed. "Don't I always?" He could push Ivy's buttons without even trying.
One of the many drawbacks to growing up with her, first next door and then later, after her dad died, in his family's attic bedroom. He'd moved to the basement less than a year after she moved in, the added distance not always helping to tame the wild hormones pinging at age sixteen.
Frank jerked his thumb toward the equipment room. "Think she ducked in there. Quieter than the locker room and Barney's punching bag is still hanging up." His hand clamped on Ward's shoulder when he started to walk away. "Don't be too rough on her, boyo." He slapped Ward on the back and strolled away.
Ward rolled his eyes. A precious flower Ivy would never be. Her name sometimes suited her, clinging to bad habits a good pruning might circumvent. Taking a deep breath, he exhaled slowly and strode to her latest hiding place.
With his hand on the knob, he hesitated. Maybe Frank had a point and Ward should just leave her alone.
This one is coming together so nicely. I can't wait to finish and share with everyone!



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment