Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Curiosity Kills It

So… The Last Ship? Probably one of the best season finales I've seen in a long time. I love this show! Now I have a whole year to wait for new episodes. *sigh*

Not much else on the television front. I'm patiently waiting for my superhero shows to return and watching a lot of new stuff on Netflix. The new season of Longmire is now streaming and I'm two episodes in. I love where things are going so far… stay tuned to see if that changes. LOL

New Doctor Who episodes start the weekend. Can't say I'm super excited to have a new season, but I'll watch and hopefully be surprised. After investing so much time, I'll have to keep current with what's happening.

I also started a beta read on a great story for an author friend. Looking forward to finishing it up this week.

Tonight's post is from Curiosity Kills It, a novella where my main couple starts to see each other in a new light.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Pagan and Chuck push each other's buttons… and not in a good way. But Pagan has a moment of clarity when she spies Chuck in the shower—they argue so much because they fight a powerful attraction. Hooking up may not be the answer, especially since they work together, but Pagan's curiosity gets the better of her and she has to find out.

And a snippety peek…

Chuck Wyandot yanked the helmet from his head. "Dammit, Pagan. Can you never do anything the simple way?" He tossed the sooty head cover in the back of the ambulance.
Pagan Barnes lifted an eyebrow. "I just cleaned the back of the rig. Get your grubby crap out of there." She stopped him from tossing the turnout coat beside the helmet.
Chuck shook his head. "Look, we've gone over this a million times. Just because we don't transport patients from the scene, you can't do the equipment inventory until we're back on base." He parked his butt on the deck of ambulance, just in front of the cot.
Pagan narrowed her eyes. "And it's a stupid protocol, waste of time, lame ass piece of utter bullshit." She crossed her arms over her chest.
Chuck rolled his eyes. "Believe me; I know your well stated feelings, Pagan. Doesn't change the fact you can't keep bucking the system." He stood. "You're just going to have to redo everything when you get back."
She made a low growling sound. "I wouldn't have to if you hadn't just mucked everything up." Slamming the double doors shut, she stomped around to the front of the unit.
Chuck followed her. "You know what? I'm hot, covered in soot and ash, and want a nice, long shower. If I didn't have to keep having the same conversation with you, I might not be so goddamned tired. You're nothing if not exhausting." He turned on his heel and stalked to the engine.
Pagan made a particularly obnoxious comment and Chuck flipped her off. He'd had more than enough of her constant need to do things her way. As her assigned mentor, her crappy attitude and inability to follow simple protocols reflected on him and he'd grown tired of having the shift lieutenant up his ass about her.
And he'd be damned if he'd put up with Pagan's bullshit anymore.
I'm having a great time writing this one. The banter and bickering is so much fun.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment