Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Violating Space

Had a terrific weekend with great weather for my middle kid's graduation party. My boys were super easy. They're pretty much no muss, no fuss guys. My daughter, on the other hand, will be a sophomore and I think I'm going to start planning her party next week. LOL She's very much a social whirl and gets involved in tons of activities. I might need to rent a venue for hers. LOL

Gotham's finale rocked. I'm so glad the show seemed to find its footing in the third season. I'm pretty much thrilled with all the storylines and where they're leading into for the next season.

Friday brought some much-needed excitement back to my television screen. The double premiere of Dark Matter kept me glued to the screen. Then the follow-up with the Wynonna Earp premiere had me staying put. I'm so happy to have the shows back and can't wait to see where everything goes. Killjoys is up this week and I'm impatiently awaiting its return.

As mentioned last week, I'm just not into this season of Doctor Who. I wish I could sink into the storylines like I've been able to in the past, but I'm struggling. A lot. Very disappointing.

Orphan Black, by comparison, had a kickass return. The clones kicked Saturday night into high gear and I don't anticipate anything less than a wild and reckless ride. My one and only hope is I don't lose any of my favorites. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Violating Space, a sexy short that started with the writing comm prompt of "violating personal space". I took the premise and decided to make this a coworkers who become more romance.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Reese Claymore has it bad for Eric Matthews but they work in the same department and can't really get together. Doesn't mean Reese can't express her interest—to the point of driving Eric a little insane over it. He decides to prove a point and invades her personal space, but his plan goes awry when he can't resist acting on his crazy impulse.

And a snippety peek…

Eric waited until the door clicked shut, thoroughly enjoying the view while distracted. "I hate that woman sometimes." He shifted sideways, attempting to adjust the hard-on in his pants.
Reese did the sexy siren thing on purpose, especially after the memo went out about fraternization. She understood the company policy as well as he did. And, okay, he often thumbed his nose at stupid rules for the sake of convention but… job security didn't exist anymore.
That said, her suggestive display seemed to only be for his benefit and never failed to inject some much needed diversion into his day, even if he got sidetracked from work. One of these days he'd push back just to see her reaction.
And maybe find out if she had an actual interest in more than light flirting and being a pain in the ass.
He snorted. "I'd bet she's a wildcat in bed." He had no idea why. Not really.
Her laugh had sexy undertones and did incredible things to his blood flow. Her confidence showed in her work, her attire, and her demeanor. Eric loved a woman who had her shit together and didn't make apologies for it. His preference for curves and dark hair only kicked the attraction up to a higher notch. She definitely had a lush body that should fit nicely against his, and her brunette curls fell to her shoulders. Reese tended to wear it in a different style each day. Today's was a sleek twist with face-framing wisps.
Opening the top file on his desk, his lips curved in a smile. "Just wait, Reese. I can give as good as I get. Maybe even throw you off your game." Leaning back, he pulled the folder forward and got down to business.

I'm excited to see how this story unfolds. I like the forbidden aspect of two people coming together when there could be consequences.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment