Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Snippet: Call of the Ripper

Hello!

Gotta say, my television shows are eating my brain lately. I'm dying for Walking Dead tonight even though the Governor makes my skin crawl. I got caught up on Sleepy Hollow and totally love the dynamic of the entire show. Reminds me so much of the X-files. Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. is coming together pretty nicely. I'm enjoying the character dynamics. Sons of Anarchy keeps me on the edge of my seat and I so want to hate Gemma, but can't quite go across the line into loathing territory. But I would love to see her get some kind of comeuppance. We'll see what happens.

Again, Arrow and Tomorrow People had me glued to my screen on Wednesday. Arrow truly gets better each episode. Tomorrow People keeps me guessing and I hope it stays that way. I'm really excited to see where Haven ends up going and how they'll resolve the current storyline. I can't remember if this is the last season or not, but I'm almost hoping it isn't.

And hey, I'm currently enjoying a Firefly marathon on the Science Channel. I have much love for that show.

So… tonight's post. Call of the Ripper is both fun and hopefully a little creepy. My characters are Ripperologists and Faith has a weird connection to her work, she's been dreaming of the past and decides she needs to visit Whitechapel to maybe sever the tie. Fun times. :D

Here's the tagline:

Two 'Ripperologists' take a working vacation to experience the essence of Jack's madness. But when a modern day stalker takes an interest in their excursion, the call of the ripper hits a little too close for comfort.

And the snippety peek…

Faith sat up in bed. "Holy shit, I know what we need to do." She nudged Sean. "Sean. Wake up." She twisted sideways and rocked him back and forth. "Sean."
He blinked and shook his head. "What?" He turned towards her. "Are you okay? Did you have another nightmare?" He laid a hand on her thigh, squeezing gently.
She jerked her head back and forth. "No. No bad dream this time." She laced her fingers with his. "But I think I know what'll stop them." She leaned down and snagged his lips for a quick kiss. "We have to go to Whitechapel."
Sean groaned and flopped back onto the mattress. "You have got to be kidding me." He stared up at the ceiling and let out a big sigh. "When are we leaving?"
Faith bounced forward and braced her arms on his chest. "Really? We can go?" Her heart rate kicked up a notch, excitement flooding her. "You think it's a good idea?"
He snorted. "Hell, no. It's a terrible idea." He angled sideways and shifted her around, wrapping her in his embrace. "But we'll call it a working vacation. Maybe seeing the Ripper's killing field will drive the bad dreams away."
Faith snuggled back against Sean and dragged his hand to her mouth, grazing her lips over his knuckles. "I love you for being willing to let me find out."
Sean brushed his lips along her throat. "You love me, period." His hands grasped her hips, pulling them into his groin.
Faith laughed and turned, facing him. "I do, yes. And…" Her mouth hovered close to his.
A slow smile spread across his face. "I feel the same for you." He closed the gap and kissed her, hard, his tongue slipping past her lips.
His hand drifted between her legs and Faith moaned, going from playful to wanton in a heartbeat. She bucked against Sean's palm, seeking contact, building friction, and thanking her lucky stars she'd found the absolute best man on the planet.
Sorry, but I'm leaving it there. Needless to say, Faith and Sean have a very active sex life. :D



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment