Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Violating Space

Ugh. I've hit the nasty cold wall and did not bounce back. Bleh. I can happily say it's the first really icky cold I've had this winter.

Anyway, on to fun stuff. The third episode of Bitten rocked. I'm looking forward to seeing how different the elements play out from the books. So far, I love the changes. The Flash and Arrow each turned in solid episodes. Have to wait until mid-March for a new episode of The Flash, which is probably a good thing. I'm probably in the minority, but I actually want a lot less Iris. She's not my favorite character.

Tonight's post is from Violating Space, a sexy short where two coworkers act on a hot attraction.

Here's the tagline:

Reese Claymore has it bad for Eric Matthews but they work in the same department and can't really get together. Doesn't mean Reese can't express her interest—to the point of driving Eric a little insane over it. He decides to prove a point and invades her personal space, but his plan goes awry when he can't resist acting on his crazy impulse.

And snippety peek…

Reese loved to tease Eric. Shuffling the folders, she knocked briskly on his door and entered the office, walking with a slight added sway to her hips. She fixed a wide smile on her face.
Eric glanced up from his monitor and blinked, his gaze taking in the flirty peep toe heels, the A-line black skirt, and the iridescent blue blouse.
Keeping the grin on her face, she waved the files. "I have the cases you wanted to see." She finished crossing the floor and stopped in front of his desk.
Eric's lips curved. "Thank you. I truly appreciate you dropping them by."
She set the folders on the desk, leaning forward just enough to show a nice view of her cleavage. Sure enough, Eric's gaze dropped then snapped back up to hers.
She smirked. "No problem, Eric. I had to pull the Anderson file anyway." She straightened. "Anything else you need? I'll be back in the file room after lunch."
Eric narrowed his eyes, but answered. "Uh, no. I'll be all afternoon going over these." He tilted his head to one side. "But if you're looking for work, I'm sure I can find some."
Reese laughed. "I've got plenty to keep me busy. Just thought I'd offer since I've got two more to find later." She turned and started for the door. "Always happy to help you out, Eric."
He gave her a long, considering glance. "Right. I think you like to mess with my head more than help out."
Reese chuckled but didn't respond. Because she did enjoy pushing his buttons.
Reese is a hoot to write. And this one is a fun little story. J



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment