Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Snippet: Academic Challenge

May 31, 2015

Wow. School's out for summer where I'm located and I have to say now that my kids are older; we're busier in the summer sometimes than during the school year. LOL

Okay, I've forgiven Orphan Black for killing off one of my favorite characters. But as I figured, the show still blows my mind. Seriously, I'm always amazed by what I see on my screen.

Bitten turned up the crazy with this week's episode. I forgot how truly creepy the show was this past season. Alestair taking over Clay's body was something of a joy to watch though. Kudos to both actors for pulling the swap off.

Really looking forward to Defiance's return in a week or two. Watched a catch up marathon, which got me revved up for the new episodes. I have a character or two I'd be happy to see meet their end the season. LOL

And I'm almost done with mainlining Teen Wolf. I'm slowing down so I don't have long to wait for new episodes. Very excited to see how the rest of season four plays out.

Enough TV… tonight's post is from Academic Challenge, a sexy short where my main characters don't dance around their attraction too long before acting on it.

Here's the tagline:

Holly Patz, the newest TA for Professor Sam Ingali, wants to enjoy the experience. But when rumors start swirling about her relationship with the handsome instructor, she has to decide whether to stick around and become his latest conquest or turn the odds in her favor.

And a snippety peek…

Sam finished up with his list of expectations—what he'd need for lectures, clinics, and her duties on days he wouldn't be at the university due to grant proposal meetings. Holly took notes throughout the session, asking questions only when she needed clarity on a topic, which didn't occur more than twice.
Sam loved the look of Holly Patz. Not too young, she'd taken an extra two years to finish her undergraduate degree. And she appeared very quick to adapt, especially since she didn't pepper him with a ton of questions. They'd get along just fine.
Sam scooted away from the desk. "Do you think you can handle everything? Will it be a problem coming in an hour early?"
Holly gathered up her notepad and tucked it inside her bag. "I don't mind coming in to get things going. No problem." She tilted her head to one side. "Will I be expected to warm you bed, too?"
He blinked, her blunt question catching him off guard. He should have expected the query, coming from an intelligent woman. He hated how his reputation preceded him in her case. But he wouldn't deny he had healthy appetites and occasionally indulged in carnal pleasure with his teaching assistants.
He gave her an honest answer. "I've never pushed any of my assistants to sleep with me." He'd simply let nature take its course.
Holly nodded. "No, you wouldn't have to." Her lips curved in a slight smirk.
He quirked a brow. "I beg your pardon. Would you care to explain?" He folded his arm across his chest, thoroughly enjoying her company.
She shrugged. "Not really, but…" Her gaze swept over him in a slow head to toe perusal. "I wouldn't turn you down." A sensual smile spread across her face.
He shook his head. She'd done the table turning thing again. Holly's innate ability to surprise him both thrilled and kind of terrified.
Relaxing his arms, he lifted a hand and rubbed at the back of his neck. "For the record, out of the half dozen or so TAs I've had, only three became more." The rumor had the count at over ten.
He hadn't been teaching long enough to have that number.
Holly tilted her head to one side, considering his words. "Good to know." She rose up from her seat and hefted her messenger bag over her shoulder. "Guess we'll find out if I make it four." With a sly wink and saucy grin, she crossed the room and opened the door.
Unable to resist having the last word, Sam added his standard stipulation. "I'm not looking for a long-term relationship. I hope I've made that clear."
Angling her head to glance back, Holly met his gaze. "Suits me fine. I'm into anything permanent either." She breezed through the door, leaving the heavy oak ajar.
Several moments later, Sam realized he hadn't moved and class started in less than ten minutes.
He also recognized he didn't get the last word. His new TA took the honors.

I'm having fun with this one. The back and forth banter keeps me motivated.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin 

No comments:

Post a Comment