Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday Snippet: Pregnant Pause

Okay, Gotham, you have my attention. I'm now very interested in Bruce Wayne and what's going on with him. Also loved the whole Fish / Penguin interaction. Not sure how I feel about the reporter, Vanessa Vale, yet. I'm not really down with a major triangle but I might be jumping the gun. The whole Ivy thing is also in the I'm-not-sure-about-this corner. Looking forward to Monday!

Agents of SHIELD didn't have a bad premiere. I'm still a week behind. Ended up with a nasty cold / respiratory ick and missed the episode Tuesday.

Van Helsing is still kind of "meh". I'll see if the next few episodes get better and bring the various threads together.

MacGyver is still not too bad. I'll keep watching and see if ends up going too cheesy for my tastes.

Rewatch fare remained with Miss Fisher. I started a fandom bullet journal and hope to jot down my favorite moments from the series. I've been using it to help keep track of what I like and don't like about all my shows.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Pregnant Pause, a novella that started with the prompt, "I'm pregnant" and took off from there. One of the primary themes is doing everything backwards. Fun!

Here's the mini-blurb:

Nora Dunne and Logan Rider are wildly attracted to each other and doing a stint in a remote location for a research project. When sexual tension gets in the way of the work, their decision to act on the magnetic pull leads to unexpected consequences.

And a snippety peek…

Logan popped his head into the lab. "Stir fry or breakfast for dinner?" His fingers drummed a rapid staccato beat on the jamb.
Nora closed her eyes. She couldn't take much more. Three days into their program and the guy would not get out of her head. Now he invaded her workspace. Gah!
She whirled around. "Would you stop with the constant questions?" Gathering her notes, she stomped across the room and flopped down on the couch.
Logan's eyes went wide. "Whoa." He entered the lab and braced his hands on his hips. "This is the first time I've said jack to you all day." His eyes darkened with anger. "You asked for space and I gave you plenty of room. Excuse the fuck out of me if I thought you'd like some input on dinner." He made a disgusted sound, turned, and started for the door.
Nora sighed. Crap. She could be a raving bitch sometimes. But Logan had stayed out of her way today. Not his fault her thoughts kept landing on him all the time.
Rising, she followed him out of the lab. "Logan. Hold up." She fell into step beside him. "Look, I'm sorry. Still trying get my feet under me and snapping at you isn't going to help." They entered the kitchen. "I'm down with doing breakfast for dinner. I've been told I make kick ass pancakes—"
Logan cupped her face in his hands and slanted his mouth over hers. Nora swallowed her startled gasp and responded to the kiss. His lips left a heated trail along her jawline and his thumbs tilted her chin, giving him access to her throat. Nora moaned, a shiver of desire sliding down her spine. God, so much better than she imagined.
Logan's heated embrace moved back up and she met him, her tongue flicking against his.
He groaned and finally released her. "Sorry. I'm sorry." He moved away, putting a healthy amount of space between them.
Nora dragged air into her lungs. "Sorry you kissed me or sorry you stopped?" She scrambled to figure out how to deal with the simmering want and need he'd unleashed.
Logan shot her a glance. "Right now? Both." He shoved his hands into his pockets. "You've been snarking and snapping since we got here. I've been thinking about nothing but you." He stopped speaking, staring at the floor.
Well… how interesting.
Nora crossed the space between them, waiting until he met her gaze. "The whole reason I've been off balance is because I can't get you out of my head." Her lips curved. "Which means we've got a bit of a problem here, Logan." Reaching out, she grabbed his hips. "And the big question is… what are we going to do about it?"

I'll give you one guess as to what they're going to do about their mutual attraction. LOL



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment