Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Calling Bull

It's amazing what a dusting of snow on the ground can do to boost holiday spirit. We got just a tiny bit last night and it looks so pretty today.

Gotta say the mid-season finales for my shows pretty much pulled out all the stops. The Flash left Barry hanging in a very precarious place. Not sure I'm totally down with where everything is going, but it's fun to watch. Lost a good character on Legends of Tomorrow in the form of two goodbyes. I do appreciate the revolving door aspect of the show and look forward to seeing how the others interact without their friends. The holiday trimmings of the shows provided a nice backdrop.

Arrow killed it. James is setting up quite the legion of doom in Star City. I'm very interested in seeing how that plays out when the season returns. If his little cohort who got him out in the first place tries to harm Felicity or Curtis, I'll be really pissed. Just saying.

Riverdale shook things up with breakups all over the place. Yikes. I have another interesting theory about Alice Cooper. Can't wait to see if I'm right. Oh, and this theory doesn't involve FP, at least not about their past.

I'm all caught up on Gotham. Gotta say it hurt to watch Alfred and Bruce tear each other apart. I get where Bruce is coming from, I do, but the whole being a brat is kind of pissing me off. That said, rock bottom isn't always an easy trip to take so I'll be patient. Sophia is proving to be a formidable force. I had a sneaking suspicion she was more of a puppet master than anyone originally thought. It's also fun to see the stories with Butch and Tabitha and Ed and Lee unfold. Seriously, Gotham upped it game and I'm loving it. Having Harvey walk away though… yeah, that one hurt, too.

Murdoch Mysteries continues to be excellent. I can't wait for the holiday episode. I think I'm looking forward to it more than Doctor Who this year. I really can't wait for the new doctor and new showrunner. Honestly, I'm so very disappointed in where Moffat took the show. It lost the heart I always loved. Yes, I'm sure I'm in the minority.

I've started watching my stash of holiday shows. I had to get a new laptop and I'm slowly but surely getting all the episodes transferred over. My Plex server is getting a lot of use this week. Also looking forward to The Trouble with Mistletoe when Passionflix premieres the movie!

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Calling Bull, a sexy short where my main characters are very good at calling each other out on their bullshit.

Here's the mini-blurb:

No one knows Ivy better than Ward. A fact she truly hates sometimes. But when he pushes her into a corner, she either comes out swinging or learns to forgive and forget.

And a snippety peek…

Are you trying to kill another partner?
Ward's words rang in Ivy's ears and she gave the punching bag a hard shove. Tears welled in her eyes and she dashed them away.
Damn Ward for making her get emotional in the first place. Stupid, idiot man. Would she never learn? Not like she didn't have two decades of experience dealing with Ward the Walking Wonder's utter perfection.
She should leave the unit. She clearly didn't have her head in the game right now. But having Ward illustrate, point by point, how far down she'd fallen made her want to stick around—if only to prove him wrong. But her recent track record gave him a lot of ammo.
Yeah, high speed chases that end up putting your rookie partner in the hospital have a way of doing that, Ivy. No shit.
Even her inner voice mocked her stupidity. "You've been listening to Ward too long."
"I know you're not talking about yourself. You never listen to me." Ward stepped into the room and closed the door.
God, she truly didn't need more from him today. Too raw, wounded, and close to the edge to have him stuff more recriminations in her face.
She made a strangled, choking sound. "You are such a pain in my ass."
Ward smirked. "Trust me when I say this, Ivy. The feeling is nothing but mutual." He moved further into the room.
And sucked out all the air. "Why are you here?" She met his gaze. "Did you forget something on your long list of Ivy's recent screw-ups?" No doubt he could rattle off a zillion more ways she could get someone else killed.
He lifted his chin. "Considering you should have it memorized, I wonder why I have to keep repeating the same things over and over."
She rolled her eyes. "No one asked you to be my keeper. So why don't you stop?" Because he couldn't help himself. Ever.
Ward advanced another step. "Because you're hanging on by a thread, Ivy." He got up close and personal. "You already crossed the line once. Doing it again is—"

If Ivy didn't care so much for Ward she wouldn't take his words to heart so much. Then again, something has to give soon and Ivy's going to fight it every step of the way.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment