Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Curiosity Kills It

Season's Greetings!

As usual, I'm running around like a crazy woman finishing up everything at the last moment. I'm only halfway through Operation Wrap Shit Up but I'll get it all done. I always do… even if it's not until four a.m. Christmas morning. LOL

Slow week in television, which isn't a bad thing because I had a few editing projects to finish up and I didn't need the distraction. I did manage to finish the first season of Chicago Fire and I can't wait for the second season to start arriving in my mailbox.

I have the Murdoch Mysteries holiday special ready to watch while we're decorating our tree later tonight. I'm looking forward to the Doctor Who special if only to watch the regeneration into a new doctor. Sadly, I never warmed up to Capaldi as the Doctor and I'm ready for a new face.

I still have the Riverdale winter finale to watch and I'm hoping to finish up my wrapping while viewing that episode. Considering I'll probably be going nonstop until the wee hours, I might even watch it more than once. LOL

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Curiosity Kills It, a novella that started with the idea of battling coworkers who become more.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Pagan and Chuck push each other's buttons… and not in a good way. But Pagan has a moment of clarity when she spies Chuck in the shower—they argue so much because they fight a powerful attraction. Hooking up may not be the answer, especially since they work together, but Pagan's curiosity gets the better of her and she has to find out.

And a snippety peek…

Pagan steamed with anger—for a good ten minutes, waiting on Chuck to return. "Screw it." She marched into the dressing area and… no Chuck. "What the hell?"
He might have been dirty, but not that much.
"Damned man is probably staying under the spray to avoid me."
She paced and fumed. Paced…
And fumed.
She had things to say and he would listen. She'd grown tired of his constant "reminders" of what and how she needed to do things. Maybe if he left her alone, she'd adhere to policy.
"Not like I need a babysitter."
She made another circuit of the dressing room. "How freaking long can he spend under the water?" Probably forever if it meant he didn't have to deal with her. "Dammit." She'd talk to him in the shower.
She entered the steam-filled area and stopped short. Whoa. Holy smokes.
Chuck faced the wall, his head resting on the smooth tiles. With his arms stretched out, the water sluiced down his spine. Good God, the man had an incredible back. Broad shoulders, rippled torso, and a tapered waist. And his ass… sculpted to perfection. Long legs with sinewy muscle completed the package.
A wave of lust hit her so hard she backed out as quickly as she'd stumbled in. She grabbed the side of the lockers and sucked in a harsh breath. No way. She didn't even like Chuck. No freaking way could she be lusting after him.
Her body said otherwise—weak knees, quickened pulse, and pounding heart.
The shower shut off and she dashed from the head, running down the corridor to the workout area. She couldn't face him, not with the heady visuals running through her mind. A quick round of reps should do the trick and drive her libido down.
Grabbing a kettlebell she started doing squats.
No way. No way. No. Way.
Her inner voice had a good laugh at her reaction.
Way.
"Shut up."
Needless to say, Pagan avoided Chuck for the rest of the shift.

I like where this one is going and hope to have more ready in the coming year.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment