Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday Snippet: Using Tongue

Well, a crazy month begins for me this week. For whatever reason, May is always insane. Awards ceremonies, musical concerts, and, this year, a graduation. I'm just now starting to feel the feels about my middle kidlet ending his high school journey and getting ready to embark on his trip through adulthood. I should be more in the camp of two down, one to go and I'll get there… probably the day after we get the party out of the way. LOL

Television this week ended up being terrific. Gotham had a great episode with a few twists I didn't foresee. I'm still on the fence with the whole owl society thing, but I'm leaning toward liking where things are going.

The Flash ended up surprising me with the reveal of Savitar. I thought maybe Ronnie or Jay would end up being behind the suit, or possibly Thawne in some roundabout way. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the episodes play out.

Arrow's episode reminded me again why I love this show so much. It's been a little uneven this season but the show always pulls everything together in ways I don't expect. I can't wait for Wednesday to get here for the next installment!

Riverdale's reveals paid off in a big way. At least for me. I have several items on my wish list for the finale and some saved back for the next season. I'm excited for the possibilities with Cheryl and where she'll go, seeing how the dynamic plays out in the Cooper household, and what happens with everyone caught in the potential crossfire. What I'm not overly excited about? Hiram Lodge. Seriously. I kind of don't care a fig about that dude, especially if he's all oily and smarmy and goes out of his way to be a dick. We'll see. I'm watching closely, CW. Don't muck this up.

My summer shows should be returning soon and I'm looking forward to watching my favorites. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on some of the mainstream fare I missed also.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Using Tongue, a sexy short that got a prompted start with "personal space invasion". How could this one not be fun?

Here's the mini-blurb:

Joss Hellenburg hates licorice and Lisa Getz aims to show him why he should learn to love it—by using her tongue during a hot and steamy kiss—which sets up a series of sexy embraces while the two try to outdo each other.

And a snippety peek…

A few days later, Lisa remembered the plan. They'd been exhausted after serving a larger than usual crowd and both fell into bed when they got home.
But neither had anything planned for the evening and Joss wanted to cook a new recipe. Lisa gladly handed over chef duties for the day. She appreciated having a man who cooked better than she did.
The only problem? She had killer hunger pangs. A quick breakfast and skipping lunch made her almost lightheaded.
A smile curved her lips. A sweet treat wouldn't be remiss. Crossing to the side table, she rifled through her bag and withdrew her stash of licorice twists. Pulling off two, she quickly scarfed one down then went to find Joss in the kitchen.
She'd convince him to give the yummy black candy a try. Or figure out why he had such a hate on for the stuff. Joss had a pretty developed palette. The sweet anise and clove flavor should really ping for his taste buds.
Walking into the breakfast nook, she paused to admire the view. Joss's t-shirt stretched across his chest and his forearms flexed when he chopped the scallions. His handsome profile—strong jaw, planed cheekbones, and long, straight nose—made her stomach flip. Five years together and he still took her breath away.
He glanced up and narrowed his eyes. "You're up to no good." Focusing on the greens again, he finished slicing and scooped them into the sauté skillet.
Lisa placed her free hand over her heart. "I'm wounded you think I'm here to cause trouble." She angled in behind Joss, standing on tiptoe to nibble on his neck. "I'm just here to eat. I'm starving." Her stomach cooperated and growled.
Joss stepped away from the stovetop and planted his hands on her hips. "Then what's behind your back?" A sly smirk twisted his lips.
Lisa nudged her chin up. "Gimme a kiss and I'll tell you." She made a fish lip face.
Joss leaned in and kissed her hard on the mouth. "I'm not eating licorice. But nice try." He picked up his spatula and stirred the scallions around.
Lisa laughed. "Dammit. And I thought I was so sneaky." She bit off a piece and chewed slowly.
Joss cocked a brow. "Think again, I'm on to your stealthy ways." Dumping a bowl of cooked pasta into the pan, he nodded toward the table. "Dinner in five. If you wouldn't mind setting up?" He swirled the penne into the sauce and tossed the pan a few times.
Lisa finished off the candy and got the dishes and silverware. She set the items at their spots then grabbed a couple of glasses and a bottle of wine. Joss might have caught her this time, but she'd prevail.
Soon.

I love writing a play on words and this one is very fun. Between coming up with ideas and visualizing the outcomes, it's a joy to work on.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment