Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Just One Moment

The start of the school year looms closer for my last kidlet. She'll be starting her junior year but she's already been involved in fall activities. Band camp for two weeks and three-day-a-week practices in the evenings. The golf season officially started and she had her best eighteen-hole round this past week with an eighty-eight on a par seventy-two course. In between all that, she worked a part-time summer job at our local pool, got hired and trained for a new part-time job at a local restaurant that opens in a few weeks, and got her first car. GAH! Okay, the husband and I are actually paying for the car, but she's involved in so much we decided she needed a vehicle. She'll be contributing toward the payment and her insurance with the part-time job and banking the rest of her paycheck in her shiny new checking account.

The struggle is real… my wee one is fast approaching adulthood.

So… the busy week of car loans and new editing projects kept me from my usual viewing schedule. I did a lot of Murder, She Wrote and In the Heat of the Night marathons. I did catch a few other shows.

Wynonna Earp. Watching everyone grieve for Dolls broke me a little. It's Wynonna Earp so of course there was nothing standard for the process. And we got quite a bit of plot momentum and new secrets. This show… never a dull moment. Ever. And one of the best fight scenes ever in the history of fight scenes on Wynonna Earp. Just saying.

I'm behind on Killjoys, which makes me very sad. I'll hopefully catch up this week. Fingers crossed.

I caught another episode of Garage Sale Mysteries, which I'm rather fond of. I like the dynamic and mix of characters. And in the mystery category, I caught the first episode of Midsomer Murders season thirteen. Moving right along on the episodes I haven't seen yet.

Also caught some more The Dresden Files and remembered by I enjoyed this show so much when it originally aired.

Caught another episode of Canal Road and I gotta say I have a theory on who either killed Spence's wife or ordered it done. I'm totally going to freak out if I'm correct. Australia has some kick ass television… just saying.

I watched two Batman DVDs this week. Gotham by Gaslight ended up being a terrific experience, topped only by a rather grown-up for animated DC fare of Batman and Harley Quinn. Seriously, I'm down with the kid version, but I'm completely there for a more adult-oriented movie.

Caught another episode of Babylon 5, basically the opening of the first season after the initial pilot. I'm looking forward to rewatching the entire series. Also caught most of another episode of The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

And that's about it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Just One Moment, a sexy short bonus scene featuring Kiernan Darby and Lars Rademacher from the South of the Border series.

Here's the mini-blurb:

A life-threatening situation and a couple in love. Just one moment to say everything that needs to be said for Kiernan and Lars.

And a snippety peek…

Kiernan Darby loved sex. Especially with Lars Rademacher. The man had turned her world upside down. He might as well rock it, too.
And he definitely had the skill set to shake her foundation on a fundamental level.
"Did they teach you how to wow a woman during covert forces training?"
"Learned that on my own." His mouth paused over hers. "You know this isn't typical, right? You broke all my rules." His chin raised and he met her gaze.
Kiernan could get so lost in the depths of his eyes. "I broke all mine, too." She didn't make connections.
Her parents taught her not to at an early age. Hence the reason I'm stuck between a rock and the proverbial hard place. With no one to have my back except Lars.
His lips brushed over hers. "Stay with me, Kier. Don't go back to the past." He moved between her legs, settling his forearms on either side of her shoulders.
She sent him a wide smile. "Definitely like the present way better." Her thighs splayed wide, ready to accommodate him.
Lars didn't disappoint, shifting forward the head of his shaft nudging between her labia. His head lowered and he caught her mouth in a steamy kiss right before he thrust deeply, seating in to the hilt. Kiernan groaned. The length and girth of his cock filling her to capacity. She'd never get tired of taking him over and over, again and again.
She'd never get tired of loving him.
The thought terrified and soothed in equal parts.
Terrified because she didn't really know how to live with a man like Lars. One who protected her and actually gave a damn about her life. He'd scared the hell out of her when he showed up started asking questions about her small operation outfitting pleasure boats with high-end upgrades. Didn't take long for him to turn her into his informant and take her under his wing.
He demanded total honesty and she delivered the whole ugly story of her childhood in record time. A complete first for her. No one in her life had the total beginning, middle, and end of the Kiernan Darby tale of woe.
Except Lars.
He soothed the raw hurt she'd carried around with a rock-solid understanding of where she came from and a refusal to judge how she ended up working for a criminal enterprise. The falling for each other thing took both by surprise, but Kiernan wouldn't shy away from how she felt about him. Even if the idea of sharing her life with someone scared the hell out of her.
Lars stopped moving within her. "Kier… present tense." He flexed his hips, driving deep inside her. "Unless I'm losing my touch and you're getting bored." His eyes narrowed and he quirked an eyebrow.
She lifted her chin to ghost kisses along his jawline. "Not bored. Just amazed you haven't given up on me yet." Everyone else usually did.
Lars shook his head. "Never will, Kier. You've gotta remember that." He pulled back and thrust forward again, creating a delicious friction against her clit.
She focused on the sensation, shoving everything else but him aside. "I love you, Lars." Forever and a day.
He increased his speed. "Love you, too. Always."

I can't wait to finish this up and post it for readers to enjoy!



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment