Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday Snippet: Killing Time

Ugh. My daughter had her first fender bender already. I haven't even made the first car payment yet. LOL

She's fine, which is all that truly matters. The car isn't completely wrecked and that's also a good thing. Whew.

Needless to say, I had a lot of distractions this past week. That said, I did get a few good viewing sessions in.

I started Luke Cage's second season and liked the first episode. I'm very interested in seeing what happens with everyone. Also caught two episodes of Killjoys and one of Wynonna Earp. Still behind, but I'll get caught up eventually.

Started the limited series Driven from Passionflix. So far… definitely so good. I'm so happy to be a founding member of this venture.

I ended up getting an episode of The Dresden Files in along with the tenth episode of Canal Road.

On DVD this week, I caught Batman: Assault on Arkham and the Veronica Mars movie. Enjoyed both!

Also did my usual marathon viewings of Murder, She Wrote and In the Heat of the Night. Got in an episode of Peter Gunn, too.

And that's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Killing Time, a sexy short that started with a prompt of writing a story involving a sexy stakeout.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Landry comes up with a great idea to kill time while on a stakeout with her hot co-worker. Her biggest challenge? Getting Thryn to participate in a lively game of truth or strip.

And a snippety peek…

Landry Shade grimaced when she caught the caller ID but answered her phone on the third ring. "Hey, boss. What's up?" Dread filled her gut—he'd only be calling to bring her in.
Dammit.
Sometimes working private security meant never having a weekend off. But she wouldn't trade her job with Nagle Protection for anything.
Her boss, Jason, gave it to her straight. "I need you to work a surveillance detail from seven pm to seven am."
Landry groaned. "Ugh. What did I do to pull this crappy work assignment?" She'd been good lately, keeping a low profile.
Flying under Jason's radar, especially after bucking orders and getting her ass chewed recently.
Jason chuckled. "You didn't do anything wrong, Landry. I pulled randomly from the roster. Your name popped along with Dane Mason, Brad Hamilton, and Thryn Bowery." Before she could sputter objections, he clarified. "I've got you teamed up with Bowery. I remember my promise." The one where he'd never make her sit inside a contained space with Dane or Brad.
Ever again.
Both men had solid skills, but Dane always slept at least ten out of the twelve hours of their shift. The first time, she let it slide. The second, not so much. Dane ended up on the receiving end of an ice, cold water bottle over his head. Brad… had no filter. Between phone sex with one of his girlfriends and trying to use Landry to break up with another one, she'd had enough of being dragged into someone else's drama. She'd rather spork her eyeballs out than run surveillance with either guy again.
She breathed easier. "Thanks, Jason. I'm sure Thryn and I will get along fine." After ending the call, she started getting stuff together for a long shift.
At least Thryn could carry a conversation. Landry didn't get to work with him much, but he had a terrific rep. And a smoking hot physique. The man topped Landry's list of fellow employees she might break her no-sexy-times-with-coworkers rule for.
She laughed. Actually, her imaginary list only had his name on it. Landry wouldn't mind seeing if they had a spark.
"I just need to figure out how."

Honestly, this one is fun. I love the dynamic between Landry and Thryn.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment