Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sunday Snippet: Harvest Haven (An Organic Nature short)

How did we get to the halfway mark of November already? See, the month is flying by again. At least I didn't have any illness or medical drama this week. LOL

I caught some television but not much. Watched several more episodes of Silent Witness. I'm happy to have the opportunity to see how Leo and Harry were introduced. I originally started watching the show sometime around season nine, I think.

I also spent a fair amount of time catching up on laundry and watched a few episodes of Blue Heelers. The new guy is finally starting to grow on me.

I also caught my usual mystery shows on Ovation and did a brief dive into classic Perry Mason. I've been in the mood for mysteries lately.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is Harvest Haven, an Organic Nature sexy short.

Here's the mini-blurb:

The harvest season is a busy time for Eppie, but with their future set, she and Vin celebrate their life surrounded by family and friends. The couple takes the long weekend to recharge and bask in their brand of love.

And a snippety peek…

Vin ran his palm over the rustic chest he'd made for Eppie. "I think she's gonna love this." Unvarnished walnut, but smooth as silk, the gift would be part of set with a mirror, armoire, and bench.

He planned to finish the other items over the downtime during the colder months. The week spent with his crew gave them lots of time to brainstorm a brilliant idea. They were branching out to make custom furniture and setting up a co-op to share in the profits.

Greg Rhodes pulled out the ticking material fashioned into a huge gift bag. "She'll more than love the chest. She'll go nuts over it." He waved the material back and forth. "And this. I've been around long enough now to know she'll find at least a dozen ways to use this for Organic Nature."

Vin grinned. "Yeah, no doubt."

The ticking had been Dani's idea and Vin found some with blue and orange stripes. Emily pieced the yardage together and with a few simple snips, the bag could be used as a quilt. She'd added cotton batting to make sure the edges of the trunk were protected.

Greg lifted one end of the heavy wooden chest. "Let's get this covered and I'll load it in the truck."

Vin frowned. "You're gonna need some help. It's a two-person job."

Greg hand-waved. "Got it covered. You don't get to see your vehicle until we're ready to head over to Eppie's." His lips curved in a smirk.

Vin shook his head. "I'm gonna hate what you guys did, aren't I?" He slid the bag over, making sure it didn't catch on the legs.

Greg shot him an innocent look. "I make no claim on helping. I'm just the hall monitor here." He lifted the other end then took over, pulling the rust-colored calico drawstring closed.

Vin laughed. "Honestly, I don't care. As long as it gets me where I need to go." He'd waited a long time to celebrate finding Eppie and sharing their love with everyone they cared about.

Greg crossed over to the door and rapped twice.

It opened and Deke Malone stuck his head in. "Is it ready?"

Greg nodded and Deke entered with Mark Barnett. They picked up the chest and carried it out. Both men made a show of almost dropping it when they crossed the threshold. The whole week had been filled with that kind of fun. Vin wouldn't trade it for anything, even though he originally hated the idea.

Greg quickly shut the door behind them then jerked his head toward the entrance to the house. "Time to get moving. You gotta go first so there's plenty of time for the anticipation to build and the nerves to kick in." He waggled his eyebrows.

Vin rolled his eyes. "I'm not gonna be nervous. As long as Eppie is in that grove when I get there, I'm more than ready." He slapped Greg on the shoulder.

Greg tsked. "Whatever you say, man. I'll check back and see if you feel the same way about five minutes before we leave."

His laughter followed Vin into the house.

This series of sexy shorts is such a joy to write. I'm excited to dive back into it and hopefully get rolling on monthly releases.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment