Sunday, February 7, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Little Black Book

So far, February has been cold and snowy in Ohio. Not a complaint or anything. It's been a while since we've had snow that stuck around for longer than a day or two.

Had a fairly busy work week but I did manage to get a couple of shows watched. I started with the last two episodes of Queens of Mystery and also caught the behind the scenes and easter egg specials. I'm looking forward to another season of this show if they decide to go ahead.

I started another episode of Silent Witness and should finish it up over the next day or so. This two-parter will round out the eighth season and I'll start nine in the near future.

Caught the first episode of a new-to-me series, No Offence. Set in Manchester, I really liked the first episode. It's a bit of a dramedy which isn't usually my cuppa but I'll give this one a solid shot.

Also got another episode of Blue Heelers almost finished. This had a fun crop circle thing going on to offset a tragedy. The only thing left is the reveal of who committed a murder.

Caught my usual Ovation mysteries also. And I found a channel that's showing Poltergeist: The Legacy, which I loved when it originally aired. I really miss old-school Syfy channel sometimes. The current incarnation annoys me to the point I can't really watch it anymore. I think the freak of the week movies really ruined the entire channel for me.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Little Black Book, a sexy short that has a fun game of cat and mouse with my main characters.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Kalyn Miles is footloose and fancy free and likes it that way. She does what and who she wishes. Her current object of desire is Sid Mortimer, but he'll have nothing to do with her—especially since she wants to add him to her little black book.

And a snippety peek…

Sid hid his surprise. She'd caved sooner than he expected.

He propped his arms on the edge of the bar. "Here's what we're going to do … I'm going to finish my drink and you're going to go take this…" He slid a glass of papaya juice in her direction. "And two pain relievers. Then you're going to get some ice for your head and wait for me to come to your room." He used his best seductive tone.

She gave a nod then blinked and her brow furrowed. "Why am I taking pain meds and getting ice?"

Sid snorted. "I can see the headache pounding behind your eyes." She'd had a rough night, obviously.

She scoffed. "No, you can't." She cocked her head to one side, slowly. "Can you?"

Sid shrugged. "Okay, not literally. But you do have one." Anyone with eyes could see her pain.

Kalyn took the glass with papaya juice. "How do you know?"

Sid angled to the side, keeping one arm on the bar. "You're squinting in the shade and you have slow, careful movements."

Kalyn's eyes widened. "Wow, you're good."

He appreciated the opening she'd given him. "You have no idea … but you will." His voice lowered. "Soon."

Passion flared in her eyes even with the headache. And, of course, his dick got hard in response. Thankfully, his shorts were on the baggy side.

She blew out a quick breath. "Damn."

He hid his grin behind his drink.

Kalyn fanned her face. "Yeah, okay, I'm walking away now." She glanced back over her shoulder. "Don't take too long."

Sid lifted his chin, acknowledging the request. He resisted the urge to follow immediately. Geez, her ass looked terrific. The sexy sway of her sarong-covered hips drew his gaze until she entered the hotel.

The bartender nudged Sid's elbow. "Dude, you're a lucky man." He let out a low whistle.

Sid's lips curved. "I will be…" For a while.

I've got three months to convince Kalyn we'd be fantastic together.

This is such a fun story to write! Sid and Kalyn have some good vibes and Sid definitely wants to see where they go.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment