Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Reality Bytes

Whew. It's been a week. Had another trip to the emergency department with a family member and, thankfully, things seem to be okay and we're getting closer to having some answers.

Had an okay week of television viewing, mainly because my brain was kind of scattered all over the place. Started out with watching the behind the scenes and episode breakdowns for Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries. Thoroughly enjoyed both.

Caught both episodes of a Silent Witness two-parter. This is one I kind of remembered and I ended up liking it a lot. Some cool intrigue mixed with the science.

Enjoyed two more arcs of Classic Who. I believe there will be a new companion joining the crew but I'm not sure how soon that happens.

Watched two more episodes of UFO Witness. This one isn't nearly as entertaining as the lost evidence series but I'll finish it out.

Caught four episodes of The Muppet Show. Pearl Bailey, Jean Stapleton, Loretta Lynn and Alice Cooper were the guest stars. I'd forgotten about the Alice episode and really enjoyed watching it again.

Enjoyed two more episodes of McCartney 3, 2, 1. It's so cool to watch the breakdown of how many happy accidents shaped the sound of Paul's career.

Watched two more Master Class lessons with LeVar Burton. The first was a case study of Roots and how that story impacted so many. The second was about the importance of the oral storytelling tradition. I'm so glad I gave this series of lessons a try.

Got two more episodes of Peak Practice viewed. I didn't finish the second episode, mainly because one of the characters annoyed me so much I couldn't watch it. I'll pick back up with the next one and see if I missed anything important.

Caught another full episodes of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and I'm almost finished with another one. I'm sort of on the fence with this show right now. I literally hate Blackwood with a passion and I'm close to saying I'm done because I can't stand him.

Enjoyed another episode of Star Trek: Discovery. I gotta say I'm impressed with the narrative so far. There's some serious intrigue I'm enjoying along with a mix of new concepts that I'm fascinated with. Lorca is compelling to watch.

Watched another episode of Chicago Med. I'm enjoying the second season a lot and I might have to go look up the crossover episodes again.

Caught another episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. I really love this show. I switched to a different streaming provider and should be able to continue the second season without a delay.

I'll probably finish out the week with another episode of New Rugrats and another Chicago Med. I'll discuss those next week.

That's it for television recaps. Tonight's post is from Reality Bytes, a sexy short where the characters are involved in a covert romance and want to go public.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Libby Cowl and Bourne Levison, on-air hosts for the web series, Reality Bytes, snark and snap at each other on screen. But when the cameras aren't rolling, they're all about the hot and sexy, something their producer is not happy about.

And a snippety peek…

He took her hand and squeezed. He had a solid idea why she'd gone grouchy on them. I left without saying good-bye. And, dammit, he couldn't really get into what pissed her off. Not when they were miked up and the team could hear anything they said. But he wanted to be supportive. Especially since he didn't doubt he'd made her angry.

His thumb stroked over her wrist, the best way he could communicate an apology.

She wrapped her fingers with his and they enjoyed a companionable five minutes before Libby gently extracted her hand from his and inhaled deeply.

She called for Les. "Okay. Let's get this done."

The spots came back on and they finished the segment.

Libby signed off with a hot-button statement. "Sometimes I wonder how men can be so painfully stupid."

Bourne got the last word the episode. "My dear, Libby, generations of our predecessors have made it easy for us to be that way. We need more women to call us on our idiocy and show us the way."

Les rolled his eyes. "Cut!" He motioned for the crew to kill the lights.

Libby laughed. "Oh, man. We're going to get roasted in the comments." She removed her mike and made her way around the desk.

Bourne smirked. "Had to keep the momentum going from yesterday's frenzy." He stayed behind the desk, keeping some distance between them.

No doubt they'd have to hash some things out later.

Les trotted over, giving Libby a concerned glance. "How's the head?"

Libby shrugged. "I'll live." She smoothed a crease from her blue sheath dress.

Les lifted his chin. "Thought we might do some remote filming today. You up for it?"

Libby shook her head. "Not today. I've got a family thing I have to do this afternoon."

Les flicked his gaze toward Bourne. "What about you?"

Bourne nodded. "Sure, I can stick around … unless I can talk Libby into surfing with me later." He'd forgotten she mentioned something about the annual Cowl family conference.

Then again, he shouldn't know about it either.

Libby shot him an odd, confused look.

Bourne's lips kicked upward. "Nothing like the sound of waves rolling in to cure a headache." He waggled his eyebrows for emphasis.

Libby huffed out a breath. "Right, um, let me get back to you on that one." She rolled her eyes, showing late meant never.

Bourne laughed and lifted a shoulder. "No worries. Drive safe to your family thing."

She grabbed her purse and draped the strap over her shoulder. "Will do." She shot Les a quick look. "I'll do a remote shoot next week if that works for you."

Les waved her off and Bourne's gaze tracked her leaving the studio. Blue looked really great on her. Especially lingerie.

Les snapped his fingers. "Quit imagining her in a bikini. I swear, you two need to get over the whole fantasy thing you have for each other."

Bourne sent Les a hard look. "There's a surefire way to accomplish that."

Les held up his hands. "No way. Uh-uh. You two are not hooking up. We're on the verge of going up to the next level with some serious financial backing. No one wants a happy couple on the air."

Bourne snorted. "You're wrong about that, Les. It's not about being a couple or being adversaries. It's the chemistry. And Libby and I have that by the bucket." Why the hell did he have to explain this to his producer?

Les rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, sex alters the chemistry. Now isn't the time to test your theory."

Bourne almost argued but remembered the nonexistent headache. A situation he'd caused. Yet, they still managed to shoot their segment and give their fans something to talk about.

He shrugged. "Whatever you say." A strong need to do something hit and he changed the subject. "What did you have in mind for the remotes?"

I've got this one close to being finished. I still need to iron out some rough scenes and polish it up but I'm excited to see this one so close to being done.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment