Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Sparkle and Boom (Organic Nature short)

Can't believe we're almost through April. And yet … it's been a really long month. May has some great things happening, namely my youngest graduating from college. She starts grad school in the fall, and I'm amazed by her. I can't wait to see what she does with her future.

Had an okay week of viewing. I'm behind on my work projects so I didn't push hard to get stuff watched, but I did make a full rotation of my shows.

I finished the regular series of My Life Is Murder. I have the bonus content left to watch. I actually loved this show. And, to my astonishment, it looks like there will be a fourth season! And it premieres tonight if I can trust the interwebs.

Caught an episode of Madame Blanc Mysteries. A little disappointed with the friction and push back from Caron about interference with the case, but it's probably a little more true to life than not.

Finished up Silent Witness and loved how it ended. Things didn't go quite the way I expected. I love it when that happens.

Watched the first episode of Jack's tenure of Death in Paradise. I liked the transition from Humphrey to Jack. We're also getting into episodes I've not seen anything of yet and I'm excited to watch new stuff.

Enjoyed an episode of Elementary. This one didn't have the police coming to Sherlock for consultation. He brought a case to them, and I'd like to see more of that. Almost through the first season so maybe I'll get what I want here.

Caught another episode of The Batman and it's one I remembered watching before. I love it when Alfred's past comes calling. He's got some interesting friends.

Watched an episode of Classic Rugrats and, again, this is a new to me one. I don't remember either of the vignettes and that's always fun for me.

Finished out the week with some more Peak Practice. I'm trying to get through the episode I started a few weeks ago. I might get it finished this week.

That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Sparkle and Boom, an Organic Nature short set in July.

Here's the miniblurb:

Eppie Collins and Vin Derbish head back to the city for another fireworks extravaganza. Maj comes through with comping the VIP suite again, but right before the thrilling show, the couple is interrupted by the last-minute arrival of the registered occupant, much to Maj's dismay.

And a snippety peek…

While Wilkes might not be Eppie's type, she completely got why Maj found him attractive. In the tailored suit, the man defined cultured and refined … with just a bit of roughness under the starched collar. Vin gave a low mmm-hmm under his breath and Eppie turned toward him with an arched brow.

He shrugged, which could mean anything from agreeing Wilkes made a nice fit for Maj to excitement for being able to stay in the lovely suite again.

The elevator slid to a smooth stop and the doors whooshed open. Wilkes led the way to the suite with Maj falling into step beside him. He keyed in the code and gained entry to the charming, old-world penthouse.

 After setting his case inside the foyer area, he turned to face Eppie and Vin. "Please, make yourselves comfortable. I'd like to keep Maj for a few moments." His arms went around Maj's waist.

Vin's lips quirked upward. "Is the second bedroom all right? We'll put our cases in there if it is." He followed Eppie into the plush interior.

Wilkes flashed a smile. "Perfect. We won't be more than a few moments." He didn't take his gaze from Maj during the brief conversation.

Eppie's spine tingled in the best way. Then guilt set in. She grasped Vin's hand and hurried through the suite.

Vin did question why she'd become a speed demon all of a sudden … not until they were in the bedroom with the door closed. "What's up, Ep? You've gone mercurial on me." He stashed the bags on the chair perpendicular to the bed. "Is your matchmaking radar coming online?"

Eppie snorted. "No. Because my instinct says no matchmaking is necessary. I think Wilkes is either proposing to Maj or will before the holiday is over." She'd bet the next quarter's profit on it.

Vin's head jerked back. "For real? Geez, Ep, maybe we should try to find somewhere else to stay? I don't want to intrude if this is supposed to be a special weekend for them." His brows drew together.

Eppie shook her head. "Let's hold off for a few. I could be wrong." Be she doubted it.

Vin reached out and grabbed her hips. "You could be. But it's not likely." He dropped a kiss on her nose. "You've got a habit for calling things straight."

She lifted a shoulder. "That didn't really start until I met you." And finally figured out what being happy should look like.

Vin smiled. "Glad I could help with that." He hugged her close. "Should be head back out or…" His gaze shifted to the bed. "Find something to occupy our time for a while."

Eppie laughed. "I'd like nothing more than a hot and sexy romp with you, but…" She paused when voices carried through from the living area. "I think we should head back out." Lacing her fingers with his, she leaned in. "We can save that thought for later, right?"

Vin gave her a wide grin. "Absolutely."

I love writing Eppie and Vin and their adventures. This series is so much fun!


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment