Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday Snippet: Spring Chickens (Organic Nature)

Gearing up for a busy week with work projects and my youngest's graduation from college. I think we're also going to have some nasty weather, which should be fun.

Had a solid week of work and writing, which makes me very happy. I might be finding my groove again. I so hope I am. I'm not a fan of being unable to focus when I need to.

Had a decent week of television viewing. Made it through the modified list of shows and started over.

I caught the final two behind the character bonuses for My Life Is Murder. I'm somewhat hoping there's another season. Based on a little research, I think there might be.

Also watched two episodes of Madame Blanc Mysteries. Both were enjoyable. Kind of sad to see the pub owners no longer with the cast but interested in Dom's uncle being a possible addition. Hopefully he won't be too shady.

Enjoyed the two-part Silent Witness. A lot of twists and turns in this one and I liked them. Looking forward to starting a new two-parter this week.

Finished up season six and started season seven of Death in Paradise. I'm excited to dive further into Jack's tenure as the DI. It feels like this is when cast members start their merry-go-round of coming and going. But I'm looking forward to more of this show.

Caught another episode of Elementary and Moriarty is making their presence known. I'm kind of interested in how this might play out over the seasons. I'm very much loving the dynamic with Sherlock and Watson.

Watched another episode of The Batman. I guess it was the season two finale. It always kind of annoys me when the first season is twice as long as the remaining ones. That said, pretty sure Robin makes an appearance in season three so there's that.

Enjoyed an episode of Classic Rugrats. Again, these were new-to-me vignettes. Not sure what happened with season seven during the original run, but I'm happy to see those now.

Also finished up the Peak Practice episode I started a while ago. Hoping to get another one in this week.

That's it for the life update. Tonight's post is from Spring Chickens, an Organic Nature sexy short.

Here's the miniblurb:

A four-day weekend over the Easter holiday puts Vin Derbish in the mood for some alone time with Eppie Collins. A family emergency sees Eppie taking in her niece and nephew, which gives Eppie and Vin some perspective on parenthood.

And a snippety peek…

"Where are my little munchkins?" Eppie entered her house and set her bag inside the door.

Her niece and nephew came running from the living room, bouncing up and down with excitement.

Lily followed, her lips quirked in a grin.

Eppie's brows arched. "Wow, you're happy to see me." Her gaze narrowed. "Or did you two get into the Easter candy?"

Her niece rolled her eyes. "Aunt Eppie, it's not even Easter yet. We don't have candy to get into."

Lily grabbed her tote bag from the counter. "They were finishing off the brownies I made earlier. The test run of the new recipe meets their approval." She patted the outside pocket. "Should be a hit at Mom's brunch."

Eppie walked Lily to the door. "Thanks for staying. I'm so glad you were able to pinch hit until I got here." Vin snuck past them and greeted the kids.

Lily leaned in close. "They're a little worried about their dad. Brave faces for now, but I wanted to let you know that might not last once the sugar high wears off." She pushed the door open.

Eppie followed her. "Thanks for the heads-up. Vin and I will find things to keep them occupied. Maybe we'll stream movies on the side of the house tonight and pop popcorn over a fire."

Lily laughed. "They'll love that. Let me know if you need anything." She waved and headed for her car.

Eppie went back inside and found Vin rinsing the plates and glasses in the sink.

She stuck her hands in his back pockets and squeezed his ass. "Movie night outside? We can start a fire and curl up with blankets and pop popcorn."

Vin frowned. "Mmm. Might be better inside. Supposed to dip down into the low thirties." He grabbed a dishtowel and turned to face her. "We can still pop corn over the fire in here." A slow grin crossed his face. "And build a blanket fort." He waggled his eyebrows.

Eppie chuckled. "Kids'll love building a fort. I'm going to assume we'll have them overnight, so indoor campout should be fun." She tilted her chin up and planted a kiss on Vin. "Good plan. You won't mind if they have to stay, will you?" She usually went to Dani's if they needed someone overnight.

Vin shook his head. "Nah. I might have to head out tomorrow to finish up a few odds and ends at the cabin, but I'll wait to see what's going on with Ken first."

Eppie smiled and eased away from Vin. "Hey, kiddos, how does an indoor campout sound?" Might as well get them started on picking a movie.

The squeals and cheers coming from the living room were off the chart happy ones.

Eppie grabbed the phone. "Think I'll order pizza for dinner." She keyed the number in.

Vin's lips curved. "Are you bucking for the best aunt ever award?"

Eppie snorted. "I already have that honor. This is just one of the reasons why I do." Spoiling her sister's kids ranked high on Eppie's list of fun things to do.

Even if it drove Dani nuts sometimes.

I'm not quite sure where this story is going yet. I know what I think should happen, but Eppie and Vin don't always go where I want them to.


That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin 

No comments:

Post a Comment