Yeesh. I'd really like Ohio weather to calm the eff down. We've had storms all week and we're getting hammered today. Severe thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, it's wild.
We did have a break in the yucky weather on Friday and got to attend a fun concert to benefit our local botanical garden and a local pet shelter. We had a truly great time and my extended family participated in the musical lineup.
Had a busy work week filled with some tedious little stuff and some technology problems. I did manage to get a copy edit finished up and worked on formatting a family history book that has a ton of images in it. That one is kind of challenging because the copy edit can't be done with the images in the document and I'm pulling them out and adding design tags.
Not a bad viewing week. I made it through my usual slate and started a back-burner episode. The weather kind of affected being able to finish that one. I also did another binge watch of Death in Paradise on Ovation.
Started with an episode of Marple and enjoyed it. I rather liked the cast of characters in this episode and, whew, did it have some twisty turns.
Started a new series for me with Adrian Dunbar's Coastal Ireland. I love seeing the landscape and shorelines of the country. It's so beautiful.
Caught an episode of Beyond Paradise and I'm so bummed that Humphrey has to reduce his staff by one. I hope it ends up working out by the end of the season. I also wish I understood more about why Esther doesn't want to be happy with Archie. Maybe they'll delve into that a little more.
Watched an episode of Poirot and truly enjoyed it. Always nice to see old friends and the behind-the-scenes machinations were interesting.
Elementary had a great opening to its sixth season. Sherlock's struggle post-concussion adds an interesting layer of conflict and I'm happy with Joan's response.
Caught an episode of Young Justice and enjoyed it. Great to see the team pull together and also nice to see the Justice League's trust in their ability.
Enjoyed the season opener of Star Trek Lower Decks season five. Very fun to see a mirror of the crew and how different things could turn out.
Watched The Thin Man again because I was in the mood for something fun. I need to find the other Nick and Nora movies somewhere, because they're so enjoyable.
Started an episode of Peak Practice but the thunderstorms put a halt to finishing it. I'll maybe get to it later this week.
That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Midnight Cruise, a New Year's Eve holiday novella.
Here's the miniblurb:
Once upon a time, Bessie Marshall met Cesar Wright, and they had a glorious fling for the week of spring break during their senior year of college. Fast forward five years and Cesar is back in his hometown to launch a new business venture, and he wants his friends to help him make a test run on New Year's Eve. Imagine his shock when he bumps into Bessie—who moved to the riverfront city two years after graduation—and she wants nothing to do with him, which shouldn't surprise him considering he left her without so much as a good-bye.
And a snippety peek…
This one is in the very beginning stages, but I love what the sages are feeding me. Cesar will definitely be groveling at some point.
That's it for this
week. Happy reading!
Skylin

No comments:
Post a Comment