Sunday, August 30, 2026

Sunday Snippet: Mistletoe Madness

Bleh. It's been a week of frustration, and I can't really explain why. I hate it when I feel like everything is either standing in my way or that I'm stuck in reverse with zero forward momentum. Maybe August has just been a bit of a rough month even when there were fun things happening. Who knows?

Not a terrible weather week. The temperatures were fairly mild for August. I'll enjoy that while I can because it's supposed to heat up again this week.

I was supposed to head out for an annual get together with my cousins but ended up not being able to go because I didn't feel well at all. And next year I do believe I have a wedding on the weekend we usually get together so I'll be sending pictures from the ceremony to my fam!

Work projects kept me busy again. I finished up a copy edit and started a proofread. I also finally got all the images stripped from the developmental manuscript. Whew! There were a lot of them. I also scheduled a call with a potential new author and I'm excited to see where that goes.

Had an okay viewing week. I made it through all of my regular shows and binged Death in Paradise and Beyond Paradise again. They're my comfort go-to shows at the moment. I also spend some time watching a documentary about Dolly Parton to help ease the sting of losing the wonderful light she spread around the world.

Started with Marple again and I really do enjoy this version of the show. It was interesting to have something of a different narrator for the episode. The mystery ended up being twisty as usual.

Began a new series with Britain's Most Scenic Counties and visited Kent. I think there are several more episodes in that county, and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Watched another episode of Beyond Paradise. I love Martha and Esther's friendship. They're so much fun. I'm very interested in where things go with Anne and her cryptic mention of the delicate situation with Mr. Smith. I have a great fear she might be dating him and that will suck majorly. I do love that Humphrey basically unloaded about the situation. Looking forward to a resolution about that. Also … Kelby blasted Margo kind of broke my heart but kudos to him for standing up for himself.

Enjoyed another Poirot episode. The mystery ended up being super twisty and I love how Poirot got very emotional during the reveal. Betrayal never sits well but it really stabs hard when it happens to Hercule.

Elementary had another great episode. I'm really wondering what's going to happen when Sherlock realizes his support person is a murderer. Or maybe it'll be a big twist, and he won't end up being a murderer. Either way, I'm very interested in what happens next.

Watched another episode of Young Justice, and I don't remember any of this one. A truly gut-wrenching watch. Loved the little bits of random characters popping up!

Caught another episode of Star Trek Lower Decks and I'm going to miss this show when I'm done. I seriously didn't know if I liked the show in the first season and now I'd pretty much die for these characters if needed. Ther really should be more seasons for me to enjoy.

As mentioned, I watched the beginning of a documentary about Dolly, and I hope to finish it this week … unless it's been taken down. I also watched quite a few music videos. What an amazing woman.

That's it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Mistletoe Madness, a novella that brings a trio together for a very happy holiday.

Here's the miniblurb:

After burying her mother right before the holidays, Delaney Nixon comes back home to deal with the estate and decide what to do with her future. Two former beaus offer condolences and help, each hoping the spark might reignite even if they've agreed to leave old feelings alone while getting Delaney through the merry season.

And a snippet preview…

Westin slid an arm around Delaney's shoulder. He didn't flinch when Scotty laced his fingers with hers. Westin hadn't known until that moment if he'd really be okay with playing nice.
But the anguish in Delaney's voice convinced him she truly had deep feelings for him and Scotty. He loved and wanted her enough to share. He wouldn't ask her to choose.
Westin exchanged a look with Scotty and nodded.
Scotty brought her fingers to his lips. "Del, we're not going to make you choose."
Westin nuzzled her throat. "Yeah, there's no pressure here." She smelled like the past, present, and future all the same time.
She snorted. "Right, you'll each be happy to what? Take turns? Set up a schedule? How do you see this working?" She didn't give either a chance to respond. "It won't work, unless you're willing to share—"
Scotty cut in. "Actually…"
Westin jumped in too. "Is that what you want, Laney? For us to share?" The more he dug down deep, the less he cared about having Scotty be with her too.
She shot him a heated look. "I just admitted I want both of you, which makes me sound like a greedy bitch. But I can't pick one of you. Combined, you're exactly what I want in a man."
Scotty rolled a shoulder. "Then, yeah, we're willing to share." He flicked his gaze to Westin.
Delaney's eyes went wide. "Are you serious?" She all but gasped the words.
Westin nodded. "As a heart attack."
Delaney slowly shook her head. "No way. This can't be happening."
Scotty stood up and Westin followed suit. Each held out a hand. Westin couldn't believe how okay he started feeling about this setup.
Scotty wiggled his fingers. "It can happen. If you want it to."
She reached out with trembling hands. "I do." Her voice went low and husky. "I really do."
Westin glanced upward. "Then let's take this upstairs. Are you okay with that?"

I love writing holiday romances and I also love having a why choose scenario.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin 

No comments:

Post a Comment