Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday Snippet: A Pumpkin Patch Honeymoon

I'm finally pretty much through the worst of the respiratory nastiness. It's so nice to breathe semi-normal again. It's amazing what a difference it makes to take a deep breath on not end on a coughing spasm.

Not a bad week for television viewing. I finished up Endeavour's second episode of the fifth season. Also caught an episode of Murdoch Mysteries. I rather like where they've put things with Brackenreid.

Finished Luke Cage and, honestly? I liked where the series ended. I'd love to see more and I'm disappointed I won't be able to. The biggest drawback to all the streaming options now is how proprietary they're all becoming. Makes me a little sad.

Watched some Classic Roswell, third episode of the first season, which ended up dovetailing in an interesting way with the second episode of Roswell, New Mexico. Isobel using her powers to freak Maria out in the classic version played against Michael and Isobel using theirs to mess with Liz in the reboot. I'm invested way more than I thought I'd be in the new version. It's moving up the list of shows I don't want to miss.

Caught the Killjoys episode where they rescue the kids and blow up the RAC… and lose one of their own. Seriously, this show grabs me every time I watch. There's so much going on but the emotional beats always shine and don't get lost in the action. I'm looking forward to finishing out season four.

I'm through the halfway mark of Underbelly: Razor. The death toll keeps rising and the "Blood Alley" episode added to it with one of the major players going down. I'm loving the odd little beats of inner betrayal and turmoil, too.

On the sci-fi front, I watched an episode of Painkiller Jane and The Sarah Conner Chronicles. Each episode had a theme of painful past memories. Also caught an episode of Birds of Prey and had forgotten this one. I think I'm at the next to last episode before the series ends.

Finally, I watched the season one ender of Pensacola Wings of Gold. It's a to-be-continued-in-season-two thing and I guess I'll watch the first episode to see how they resolve getting rid of the entire team and starting from scratch. After that… eh… not sure I'll watch more.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Pumpkin Patch Honeymoon, an Organic Nature Short.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Eppie and Vin's unconventional journey comes full circle when they make a lasting commitment in the pumpkin patch where their story began. They decide a staycation will be the perfect endcap and discover during their idyllic week that passion only grows the more in love they fall.

And a snippety peek…

Eppie Collins put the finishing touches on the chic shed and turned to survey her handiwork. "Vin Derbish, you're going to love this week." She pulled up her mental checklist, ticking boxes in her mind.
Ready-made meals for seven days. Check.
A glorious copper tub—courtesy of her sister Dani—in the small nook behind the bed. Check.
Ambient lighting with candles, fairy lights, and rustic lanterns. Check.
A new streaming device connected to the television so they could curl up in bed and watch whatever they wanted. Check.
She double-checked the small wine rack and made sure the bottles she'd selected were all in place. Clothes for the week, if they wore any, were stashed neatly under the bed in cute containers designed by Lily. Eppie encouraged her coworker to make more and add them to the new online store they planned to launch in November.
The rightness of everything settled over Eppie and she relaxed into the feeling.
Her grandmother's voice echoed in Eppie's mind. "It's time, Epinera. Be happy and enjoy the life you've built."
Eppie wrapped her arms around her middle. "I will, Gram. I really will." She took one final glance around the shed then back out and closed the door.
Later this evening, she and Vin would return and spend a bliss-filled week together in the cozy little home away from home Vin built for her.
Eppie couldn't wait.

I love this series of sexy shorts so much. Eppie and Vin are a joy to write.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment