Sunday, April 21, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Reality Bytes


April 21, 2019

To all who celebrate Easter, I hope it's a good holiday. Another weird weather week in Ohio. I know, big shock, right? Actually turned on the AC one day because the house was stuffy and humid. The next day, I turned it off because the temperature dropped thirty degrees again. Needless to say, it's a combination of AC and furnace for the next few weeks.

Decent television week. I did get to finish Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries and it was… soooo good. I'll finish up the other three episodes, but I'm pretty sure I'd like to see more. Here's hoping they'll do another season.

Caught another episode of Painkiller Jane and it's one I remembered from the original run. I'll admit I was disappointed there weren't more episodes even though fandom in general thought the show fared poorly against the source material.

Watched another episode of Underbelly: Razor and, yeah, the women are starting to feel the burn from the law. I wanted to empathize with Tillie but couldn't quite get there. She's just not drawing my sympathy and I can't really explain why. Kate, though, I kind of sympathize with. Nellie… is Nellie. Not quite sure what I feel for her plight.

Finished up Midsomer Murders and enjoyed the rest of the episode. I'm almost through the fourteenth series and I'm still liking the show. There's never a shortage of interesting little bits worked into the stories.

Roswell, New Mexico… the penultimate episode. Holy crap. So much happened. Questions were answered but a ton of new ones popped up from those answers. I really need another season because there's no way it can have a satisfying end with only one more episode to go. I need to know how Maria's mom fits into the situation at Caufield, if she even does, or at the very least, I need to know why she's so scrambled. And, dammit, I need Maria to know what's going on and put her two cents in. I dipped my toe into the fandom waters and, yeah, I'll probably steer clear. I love the potential interactions with everyone, including Alex, Michael, and Maria. While I'm not a full-on fan of triangles, I do like messy and awkward feelings that have to be resolved somehow. I also love how many different definitions of family there is to wade through on the show. The kind of big thing I'm dreading is a possible death in the last episode. I've got a gut feeling of who it might be and I’m not ready for it.

Also, I'm sad to see Jenna go, if she really does. Here's hoping she might make her way back in the future. The interactions between Jenna and Liz were so damn good, as in there was awkwardness but none of the bitchy-girl, fur-flying stuff that's so lame. Kudos for that!

Caught two more episodes of Peter Gunn and both were ones I hadn't seen. Pete and Edie remind me of Nick and Nora. Weird, I know. I think it's a vibe thing. Nora totally had Nick's number and I think Edie is the same way with Peter.

Watched episode four of Blade. Nice to come back to this after a long hiatus. I'm looking forward to more one season wonders on the CW Seed app.

Caught Strike Back and loved so much about this episode. Nice to have Zarkova back among the group. So cool to see Chetri pretty much rescue herself. And Alexander ending up in Moscow was better than expected. Wyatt and Novin are never boring and Mac needs to keep his choose better times to get sexed up. That's a lot of information to pack into a one-hour nutshell.

Watched the beginning of the next arc of Classic Who. This one is about the time meddler and I'm interested to see where it goes. Got a surprise when the guy from the Dalek episodes showed up. Didn't see that coming.

Caught a majorly great episode of Chicago Fire. Watching the women deal with the terrible accident in Indiana while the guys held a chili cook-off worked really well. The fact that the doom and gloom crew won—and one of the members is the dude from the Sonic commercials—kind of made my day.

Also started an episode of Iron Fist and it's full of Misty right now so I'm loving the hell out of it. Just saying.

That's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Reality Bytes, a sexy short that started with a writing community prompt of "reality show; characters are the cohosts". I wanted to have fun with the idea and well…

Here's the mini-blurb:

Libby Cowl and Bourne Levison, on-air hosts for the web series, Reality Bytes, snark and snap at each other on screen. But when the cameras aren't rolling, they're all about the hot and sexy, something their producer is not happy about.

And a snippety peek…

Libby finished her last bite of food and settled back against the pillows. "That hit the spot." The popcorn chicken and jojos couldn't be considered their usual fare but held up pretty well in her bed.
Bourne quirked an eyebrow. "Yeah, it did. And the view can't be beat." He ogled her from his spot at the foot of the mattress. "Can't say I've ever had a naked dining partner before."
Libby tilted her head to one side. "You're not complaining, are you?" From that state of his erection, she'd guess not.
Bourne barked out a laugh. "Hell, no." He pointed to his groin. "As you can see, I love the way your kinky brain works." Lifting the tray separating them, he set it aside. "What gave you the idea?"
Libby shrugged. "Since we're on the down low, I wanted to do something just for us." She grabbed his hand and tugged him up to sit beside her. "Naked dinner in bed seemed like fun." And it had been, heightening the sensuality they shared.
Bourne turned and braced his arms on either side of her. "It was." He scooted closer. "And it saves time. I've got you right where I want you." He leaned in and trailed kisses along her shoulder.
A familiar desire took hold of Libby. Bourne turned her on more than anyone else. She'd pretty much hit the jackpot with him.
Wrapping her arms around his neck, she wriggled down, hauling him with her. "Funny… I was thinking the same thing." Her lips caught his and her tongue slid inside his mouth to explore.
Bourne groaned and shifted his position, settling between her legs. "I love it when we're so in sync." His hard shaft teased at her core.
Libby rocked her hips, letting her wet folds slide along his length. "Mmm. What am I thinking now?" Her skin tingled with awareness, the rough scrape of his stubble making her hot.
Bourne slanted his mouth over hers, mumbling, "That you want my big dick buried deep." He flexed his ass, letting his cock nudge inside her pussy.
She smiled against his lips. "You know me so well." She flicked her tongue out, catching his lower lip. "Don't make me wait."
Bourne kissed her and moved forward, driving his shaft with a smooth thrust. Libby moaned, always loving the first penetration. Bourne filled her physically and engaged her emotions, something she craved more of. She wanted to go public with their status, but they couldn't. Not yet.
Maybe if they committed on a deeper level instead of skulking around all the time, she'd push for more. Les could blow a gasket or not. If Bourne gave her the go, she'd announce their first official date on the air.
Bourne kicked up his pace and Libby pushed everything else aside, homing in on the exquisite friction and heat he generated with his staccato thrusts. Her hands gripped his ass, urging him on.
She'd enjoy these stolen moments with him instead of wishing for more.

I really am having a great time writing Libby and Bourne. I loved the prompt and had the first scene pop into my head almost fully formed.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment