Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Quixotic Cake Capers

So… not a bad week overall. A little slower, which I truly appreciate. I did have a sick kid, but she's on the mend now. A quick trip to pick her up from work had to happen but otherwise, she's feeling much better.

Had some decent television viewing. Mainly some repeat watches of current favorite shows and catching up on a few marathons. I did catch a few new episodes also.

Chicago Fire had a terrific episode. I have to say I'm not a fan of the boys fighting amongst themselves. New guy breaking the ice is going to be one of my favorite bits from the series.

Watched Iron Fist and things are moving along. Nice to see a little progress with Ward but I have a dreadful feeling his trust will bite him on the ass. Thrilled to finally see what the hell is up with Mary and, boy, the reveal didn't disappoint. Looking forward to the next episode.

Caught another episode of Classic Roswell. I'd forgotten about the Native American angle. Looking forward to the next episode.

Also watched an episode of Murdoch Mysteries. I don't know if this is the last season, but they seem to be tying off a lot of loose ends. If it is… it's been a wonderful twelve years.

I started casually watching Blue Bloods. It's not really a show I want to add to my roster, but marathons are on every day and I've seen pretty much of the first five seasons. I'm now paying more attention and trying to catch up on season six and onward. I do love the family angle of this show.

Started a new Canadian show, The Murders, mainly because Dylan Bruce is one of the regulars. That said, I loved the first episode. I'm looking forward to more.

With no new episode of Roswell, New Mexico this week, I started another rewatch. This show… man, I can't get enough of it right now. I might have to start a recap series on my fandom blog. Stay tuned. I'll let everyone know if it happens.

That's pretty much my week in television. Tonight's post is from Quixotic Cake Capers, a sexy short with a fun little twist.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Tori Plum decides a making a cheesecake for Gray Calhoun isn't beyond her capabilities even though she's definitely not a domestic goddess. Seventeen tries later, she's ready to call in the troops or throw in the towel.

And a snippety peek…

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!
"Shit!" Gray Calhoun rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom.
After swiping snooze on his alarm for the third time, he'd almost left it too long to even grab a shower before he had to leave for his conference.
Turning the water on, he ran a hand over his head. "Gonna have to make a strict rule of no sex the night before an early flight." Yeah, right. As if.
Stepping into the shower stall, he winced when the stinging spray hit his back. Tori's teeth left some marks last night.
Tori Plum. Sexual dynamo. Erotic goddess. A woman with an imagination that never quit.
And she's all mine. "How did I get so lucky?" He lathered up his washcloth and gingerly scrubbed down.
Last night, per usual, she'd blown his mind, not to mention his dick. Using a technique she'd read about, her mouth worked its magic in new and wondrous ways. Who knew a guy could come from barely there suction, lots of tongue play, and waiting until the last possible moment to grip the head of his cock with her lips to send him bucking into an incredible orgasm?
He huffed out a breath. "I do. Now." Jeez, and it didn't stop there.
Nope. She managed to get him hot and hard again in record time. Of course, giving him access to go down on her helped. He loved sliding his tongue between her slick folds to give her a gasping release. She followed up by lowering her hot core over his hard shaft and rocking her hips until she drained him dry.
And now his dick rapidly got hard again. "Argh. Can't have that." Switching the water to cold, he stayed under until his hard-on went down.
As much as he'd love a repeat of last night, he had to get to the airport. He didn't take long to dry off, get dressed, and grab the bag he'd packed the night before. Tori no longer occupied the bed and Gray made his way to the kitchen, following the smell of coffee and something not quite as pleasant.
Tori had breakfast made… or what might have resembled breakfast if a thin sheen of smoke didn't linger in the air and the smell of blackened bread didn't coat the inside of his nostrils. Holy fuck. The toast looked like it might disintegrate if he touched it.
Tori frowned. "Dammit. I'm sorry." She scooped the charred remains into the trash can and met his gaze. "Thought I'd help with breakfast since I kept you up late last night." She referred to the mind-blowing sex, which she called research.
He called it donating his time for scientific study and didn't mind one damn bit.
Tori edited and assessed erotic and romance novels, working with authors from start to finish. She also wrote amazing books on top of helping others launch theirs.
Domestic diva didn't fall under her purview and normally he couldn't care less. Today, he would've loved escaping without the acrid aroma of burnt offerings lingering in his nose. The foul scent would probably last throughout his entire flight.
Breakfast on the go, it is. "Uh, thanks. I'll figure something out on the way." With a quick glance at his phone, he considered his options.
Tori lifted a shoulder. "Yeah, probably a good idea." She poured a mug of coffee and stirred some sweetener into it.
The dejected look on her face almost had him asking for a cup, but he needed to get going. He'd grab a bagel and coffee at the airport. His stomach would definitely thank him for it.
He wrapped an arm around her. "I love you for thinking of me, but stick to the microwave." He dropped a kiss on her nose, grabbed his suitcase, and left so he didn't miss his flight.

I kind of love this scene. It needs a few little tweaks, but overall it came together better than I'd hoped.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!


Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment