Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Up the Ante


Well, another homecoming house party is in the books and I'm so thankful we had such a great group of kids to host over the last four years. A few faces came and went, but for the most part, the core group has remained the same. I'm looking forward to seeing what this group of kids ends up doing in the future.

It's been a crazy week with a ton of work projects coming in and I'm truly thankful to be busy. Sometimes my projects dwindle a little in the fall and that doesn't seem to be the case this year.

A limited week of television, but some good progress made. I started a new classic British series called Sapphire and Steel. It's pretty decent with some time-wimey elements.

I also started a new arc of Classic Who. I didn't realize quite how much of a role the Master had in the third doctor's run.

Caught an episode of Midsomer Murders and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm almost through with series nineteen and have the final season to watch.

Watched another episode of Arrow and should be ready to start the new limited season eight in the near future. I started the penultimate episode but had to pause to get ready for homecoming. I'm going to miss this show so much when it's gone.

Also viewed an episode of Murdoch Mysteries and quite enjoyed it. I'm a little wary of what they're possibly doing with Julia, but we'll see how things go.

Finished up Frankie Drake Mysteries second season and look forward to starting the third. I'm pretty excited to see where things go from here.

Caught another episode of Riverdale. I can honestly say the whole farm thing really kind of annoys me. That said, this show tends to pull off a few twists that end up making me like what I didn't before. With the exception of Hiram. I love the actor but truly hate the character.

Also started another episode of Blue Heelers but have to pick it back up this week. Ran out of time to finish watching it.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Up the Ante, a sexy short that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Mutual satisfaction starts at the poker table when Vianca Berry and Fritz Hattenfield begin a flirtatious game that ups the ante of their new relationship.

And a snippety peek…

Fritz entered the office space of the clubhouse and settled behind the desk. "Man, I gotta find a way to move the needle on this thing with Vi." His best hire ever had his dick in a constant state of readiness.
And he wanted to see if mixing business and pleasure could turn into something more. "'Bout damn time." After years of being a loner, he'd met someone he wanted to spend more than a night with.
He didn't care if the other guys might rib him for it. From his point of view, finding the right person didn't make someone weak. It enhanced their stability.
He blew out a breath. "I'm ready. She's the one."
Vianca turned more than a few heads when she showed up looking for work. Fritz took a chance, figuring if she didn't work out in the shop, she'd be a solid addition to the bar.
She ended up being both. The woman got shit done.
He laughed. "And she's got the paychecks to prove it." Hell, she'd increased business at the shop because one got around about the female mechanic at Hattenfield's.
Most of the club members loved her. She only had a few detractors and only because none stood a chance with her. Then again, none of the other members had a shot. Fritz called dibs immediately after hiring her. Yeah, a sexist move, but one made to protect her until she got her legs under her. If she showed any kind of interest in one of the other members, he'd relinquish his rights.
So far… she flirted and bantered with the guys, which kept everyone happy, but only had eyes for Fritz.
He snorted. "And that's the only reason she gets away with calling me Fritzie. I fucking hate that name." Somehow, when she used it, she made it sound dirty and sexy at the same time.
And damn if he didn't want to find out what else she could make sexy and dirty.

I'm having fun with this story. Fritz and Vianca are sexy and funny and kind of conflict-free, which is nice to write sometimes.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment