Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Using Tongue


Bleh. I found out we need to get a new furnace because ours is old, horribly inefficient, and very dangerous. Fun news I didn't really need or want. The good news is the new furnace will be super energy efficient and probably save us a buttload of money overall. I definitely won't complain about that.

Had a semi-decent viewing week. I caught two episodes of Midsomer Murders and should be ready to start the final series. I'll be sorry to see Cam go. I liked her.

Caught episodes of Murdoch Mysteries and Frankie Drake Mysteries. I'm kind of on the fence with the new season of Frankie. I liked the first episode but it feels like a very different show. I loved the first season, enjoyed the second season, so I'm hoping I'll fall into a groove with the third. We'll see how it goes.

Finished up the first story arc of Sapphire and Steel. I rather like the show. I'll give the rest of the season a whirl and see how it goes with this one too.

Watched the rest of Classic Who's season eight. I'll be starting season nine this week.

I should also be catching the final episode of Arrow's season seven run. I'm trying to savor every last moment because season eight is the final bow.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Using Tongue, a sexy short that got a start with a writing community challenge.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Joss Hellenburg hates licorice and Lisa Getz aims to show him why he should learn to love it—by using her tongue during a hot and steamy kiss—which sets up a series of sexy embraces while the two try to outdo each other.

And a snippety peek…

Joss carried the big stock pot they'd served the stew into the kitchen. "Seriously, Lisa. Are you addicted to that stuff?" He grimaced when she stuck another piece of licorice into her mouth.
Lisa grinned. "Nope, just wanted to finish off this bag." She tossed the crumpled plastic toward the trash can.
Joss shook his head. "I don't understand the appeal of something that tastes like cough syrup on steroids mixed with stinky feet." He put the pot in the sink and started rinsing it with the spraying hose.
Lisa's eyes went wide. "Which one of your friends knows what stinky feet taste like?" She snorted. "Never mind. I don't want to know." She shuddered for effect.
Joss glanced over his shoulder. "Ha-ha. For your information, it was Bennie. He hates the stuff." Then again, Bennie didn't like anything remotely exotic… not that licorice really fell into that category.
Lisa rolled her eyes. "Bennie has no taste. And you should make up your own mind." She grabbed the newly cleaned baking sheets and stowed them in the lower rack of the counter.
Joss shrugged. "I have to get past the whole blob of ink thing first." Putting the hose back, he filled the stock pot with hot, soapy water.
Lisa gave him an innocent smile and retrieved a new bag she'd hidden behind the cupboard. "You can always give it go right now." She shook the package back and forth.
Joss made a gagging sound. "No. Way." He scrubbed the steel pan until it gleamed again.
Lisa sighed. "Fine." She stashed the bag back inside the cabinet then walked over and leaned against the counter.
Joss rinsed the pan and grabbed a towel to dry it off. They'd been busier than usual tonight and he couldn't wait to get home, grab a shower, and probably fall into bed. After he put the pot away, Lisa snuggled up behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso.
He turned and cupped her face. "Ready to head out?"
She nodded and lifted her chin, leaning in for a kiss.
Joss dropped one on her nose. "Nice try, Leese. I'm not falling for it." He flipped the light switch off and eased away from her.
Lisa laughed. "Dammit. You know me a little too well sometimes." She chewed the piece of candy she had in her mouth.
Joss chuckled. "And yet I still love you." He grabbed their coats and handed hers over.
She shrugged it on with smirk. "You'd better."

This is such a fun little romp between Lisa and Joss. I'm usually the one who doesn't like to try new things when it comes to food so writing Lisa is an adventure.



That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment