Sunday, July 25, 2021

Sunday Snippet: Quixotic Cake Capers

Had a slower work week and got a good bit of cleaning and clearing done. I also got some solid viewing time in. I'm also somewhat stunned that August is just around the corner. This year is flying by.

I started my watch week with Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries and got two episodes finished. The first one did indeed have Percy the Putz involved in his usual shenanigans. The second one made my heart ache but I thoroughly enjoyed getting some background on Birdie. I'm loving the episode titles for the second season as much as I loved the first season's. Can't wait to finish season two up this week, which I think is probably doable.

Caught two episodes of Silent Witness. These finished out the eleventh season and I'm getting into the seasons I've definitely watched before. I'll be starting season twelve this week.

Enjoyed two arcs of Classic Who and I'm getting close to the end of the seventeenth season. Not sure how many more Four has but I'm excited to start Five's tenure soon.

Finished up UFOs: The Lost Evidence. I thoroughly enjoyed both seasons and got a few neat little plot bunnies from what I viewed.

Caught four episodes of The Muppet Show and finished out the second season. The guest stars were Bob Hope, Teresa Brewer, John Cleese, and Cloris Leachman. Looking forward to starting season three.

This was my week for finishing up seasons. I watched the last two episodes of The Hardy Boys and I'm so excited there's going to be a second season. I really enjoyed how everything played out and I'm so happy everyone got the ending they deserved. Also kind of thrilled there's a seed planted for more possibilities for the eye.

Watched two episodes of Peak Practice. The first one finished out the third season where everyone said good-bye to Beth and Jack. The second started season four with Will on the hot seat trying to save the practice. Glad to see Andrew sticking around for a bit and I kind of liked the new doctor.

I finished up the Master Class with David Carson. I enjoyed getting his insight to graphic design and learned some new things. I also started a new class with LeVar Burton on storytelling. I'm very excited to work through this series of classes.

Caught two episodes of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. I'm loving how accepting the group is being about Theo and I'm kind of interested in how the academy stuff is playing out. I like Nick okay but I'm a little twitchy about his motives. Can't wait to find out if there's more going on there.

Enjoyed two more episodes of the Brokenwood Mysteries. I loved this show. The wine episode ended up being a great little mystery and the golf course episode was thoroughly enjoyable. I loved seeing the story play out on that one.

Started Star Trek: Discovery and have to admit I'm cautiously optimistic. I quite enjoyed the first episode. I'm looking forward to more.

Watched two episodes of Chicago Med and have to say again I'm so glad I'm finally getting to watch this series from the beginning. I'm getting close to the end of the first season and I'm looking forward to season two.

Passionflix premiered season two of Driven and the first episode rocked. I loved the first actor that played Colton but the recast works very well. Looking forward to the next three episodes!

Started UFO Witness and liked the first episode. It's only a single season so I'll see where things go.

For nostalgia's sake, I started the new version of the Rugrats (heretofore referred to as New Rugrats). The original will always have a special place in my heart since all three of my kiddos loved the show. It had the rare ability to appeal to little ones and grown-ups with so many inside jokes. The new version is quite charming and I'm happy to say I think I'll enjoy it.

Last but not least, I started a new episode of Blue Heelers. It's a two-parter and looks to be kind of interesting with lots of bridges being burned and internal affairs out for blood.

Whew. That's if for television this week. Tonight's post is from Quixotic Cake Capers, a sexy short that has a modern-day fairy godmother sweeping in for the save.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Tori Plum decides a making a cheesecake for Gray Calhoun isn't beyond her capabilities even though she's definitely not a domestic goddess. Seventeen tries later, she's ready to call in the troops or throw in the towel.

And a snippety peek…

By lunchtime, the debacle with breakfast still took up space in her head. She'd only made it through two pages of edits for her author. "Damn. I need to get cracking. I have to finish this and start my new book by the weekend." She stretched her arms over her head and put her fingers on the keyboard.

And her phone rang. Of course.

Grabbing it, she flushed with guilt when her author's name displayed on the screen. "Hi, Mona. How are you today?"

Mona heaved a sigh. "Conflicted. Have you started the edits for Dazzle Me yet?"

Tori chuckled. "Only just. I have about two pages done."

Mona squeed. "Eeeee. Good. I want to rework that part in the middle we talked about. Make the conflict crystal clear and up the stakes. Can we reschedule our start date for two weeks?"

Tori exhaled on a relieved breath. "Let me check." She glanced at her calendar and did a double-take. Shit. Her one-year anniversary with Gray snuck up on her.

Mona cut into her thoughts. "I can probably get it to you by next week if you've got something else scheduled."

Tori shook her head. "No, no. Two weeks is fine. I have another project starting but we're in the final-touch phase. I can work you in then."

Mona thanked her and they ended the call. How did she almost miss her anniversary with Gray? Probably because she didn't set a reminder.

"I should do something nice for him." Ha … or order something nice.

No. Dammit. There had to be something edible she could actually put together. Gray would be gone overnight, surely she could make something that didn't require turning on the stove and breaking out in hives.

"Cheesecake. No baking required for that, right?" Cream cheese, graham crackers, and whatever else to make a delicious dessert. "How bad can I possibly eff it up?"

Poor Tori will find out exactly how much in the near future. Having a lot of fun with this one.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment