Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Violating Space

Very intense and bizarre weather this past week. We had a significant warm up, which melted a lot of the snow. Then we had a ton of rain followed by high water and flooding. To top it off, the temperatures dropped again into the teens and twenties and we got more icy rain and snow. Seriously, it's crazy.

Had a very busy work week with projects landing in my inbox. I'm happy to have the work flowing and keeping me busy. Oddly, my writing time is shorter but I'm getting a lot done.

Had a solid week of television viewing. Introduced a couple of additional shows and I'll be adding a new one next week.

Caught two episodes of Snoopy in Space: The Search for Life and finished up the first season. I'll start season two this week.

Started a new two-part Queens of Mystery and rather enjoyed the episode. I love the aunts and I'm starting to really enjoy the secondary characters. Matilda is such a great character even if she frustrates me sometimes.

Finished up the second half of Silent Witness's opening for season sixteen. Started a new two-parter and enjoyed it.

Watched three episodes of Classic Who. I should finish the arc up this week and move on to the next one.

Caught two more episodes of The Alaska Triangle. I have so much fun watching this show. I really love the haunted places and mysterious forces vignettes.

Enjoyed two episodes of The Muppets. The show has really grown on me even if it'll never replace the original in my mind.

Watched two more episodes of Harrow. I'm quite enamored with this show and I hope things play out the way I'm expecting them to. There's a twist I didn't quite expect and I love it and it also makes me think things will fall where I think they're going to. I can't wait to find out.

Caught another episode of Peak Practice and even though I knew what to expect, the death did not play the way I thought it would. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet.

Enjoyed two more MasterClass lessons with Es Devlin. She discussed scale and architecture along with storytelling with light. The light lesson fascinated me. I'm a sucker for well-lit—not to be confused with brightly lit—settings. I'm glad I dropped into this class.

Watched two episodes of Paranoid. I'm quite taken with this show. I love the intrigue and mystery and the dynamic of the forming relationships. I think this one might end up with something of a gotcha and I'm quietly waiting with anticipation to see if I'm right.

Caught two episodes of Classic Rugrats. One of my favorites, "Meet the Carmichaels," gave me some happy joy for the week. This show fills me with so much nostalgia.

Finished up season three of Chicago Med and started season four. A lot went down on the three finale. I'm still trying to wrap my head around where everyone currently is in the opening of four.

I watched the last available episode of The Brokenwood Mysteries. I have two behind-the-scenes specials to watch and then I'll have to impatiently wait for anything new.

Finished up an older episode of Blue Heelers. I'll be adding more of these to my weekly lineup. Looking forward to getting back into this one.

Also caught another episode of Star Trek: Discovery. Man, this series really brings a great cast of characters together. I'm never bored and I'm glad I'm watching the second season right now because I'm getting to know Pike at the best possible time with the new Trek arriving soon. I can't wait.

That's pretty much it for this week's viewing update. Tonight's post is from Violating Space, a sexy short about a workplace romance where the characters shouldn't be tempting fate.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Reese Claymore has it bad for Eric Matthews but they work in the same department and can't really get together. Doesn't mean Reese can't express her interest—to the point of driving Eric a little insane over it. He decides to prove a point and invades her personal space, but his plan goes awry when he can't resist acting on his crazy impulse.

And a snippety peek…

Eric's opportunity for someday arrived forty-eight hours later. He needed a dozen copies of a new proposal and made his way to the copy room. The whirr of the machine in use met his ears before he popped the door open.

Collated pages slid out fresh from the feed and Reese stood at the machine—sorting reports as they spit out of the unit. When he stepped into the space, she glanced over her shoulder, a quick smile on her lips. Her eyes went wide then got a sultry gleam when she noticed him.

Turning back, she greeted him. "Hey there."

Eric pushed the door closed and moved to stand behind her, getting closer than he should. If he wanted to prove a point, he'd have to get a little up close and personal. The files stopped printing out and Reese gathered up the remaining few, stacking the pages on her pile. Eric held fast and didn't move.

Reese turned and smacked into Eric, dropping the reports to the floor. "Ack. Crap." She stopped down to start gathering them.

Eric helped her pick them up, staying in her space. The light scent of something sexy hit his nostrils. Mmm. He liked the aroma.

She paused and rocked back on her heels. "What are you doing?" Her head tilted to one side.

He held her gaze. "Violating your space to make a point." No reason to not be honest.

Her brows rose. "What would that be?" Her breath rasped out.

Heh. He liked turning the tables. "You know what the point is, Reese." He leaned in when her lips parted; his mouth hovering less than a breath away from hers. "Set a match to flame and someday you'll get burned."

She exhaled slowly. "Ahh. Care to demonstrate?"

Instinct pushed him forward and he caught her lips, slipping his tongue between them, sinking into the embrace. Reese moaned, deepening the kiss, and Eric lost the ability to think. Until voices in the hall had her scrambling away from him with a gasp.

Shit. Making out with a coworker in the copy room. Eric ran his hand through his hair. What the hell am I thinking?

Eric got more than he expected when Reece challenged him and I think he quite liked it.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin 

No comments:

Post a Comment