Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Weathering the Storm

Man, when it rains, it pours. My workload got intense this week, which I'm not complaining about, more shaking my head in wonderment. I either need to schedule things better or find more hours in the day. LOL

Had a decent week of television viewing even with the added projects. I caught two episodes of Classic Who. I think I'm about halfway through the trial season and it's actually pretty good.

Watched two episodes of The Alaska Triangle. Creatures featured again. I'm fascinated by the legend and lore around the big beasts that strike fear in everyone.

Enjoyed two more episodes of The Muppets. Honestly, I'm close to the end of the season and I'm charmed with the show. Probably good it only had one series, but it's a fun one.

Finished up the first season of Harrow. Gotta admit, I'm a little stunned by how things played out. But what a truly terrific opening season. Can't wait to jump into season two.

Caught an episode of Peak Practice. The new doctor arrived and he's rather interesting. I'll look forward to seeing more of him.

Watched two more lessons of MasterClass with Es Devlin. I quite enjoy listening to her take on how to collaborate with her team and the people they work with. It's very similar to how I approach editing with my authors.

Enjoyed two more episodes of Paranoid. This show is dark and twisty but there's a lot of humor to counter and balance the deep stuff. I'm looking forward to the final episode to see how everything resolves.

Caught two episodes of Classic Rugrats. I love picking up new little things when rewatching the show. And remembering things we picked up from watching the original run and encore episodes.

Watched two more episodes of Chicago Med. Things are getting a bit tense for everyone, which I kind of enjoy. I'm constantly shaking my head at Will, but I love his relationship with Jay. Ethan and April make my brain spin sometimes. Maggie is the most awesome of everyone.

Got in an episode of Snoopy in Space: The Search for Life. I have fun watching these short jaunts into the Peanuts realm.

Enjoyed another episode of Queens of Mystery. The larger mystery of what happened still looms and it's intriguing to see how the sisters react when Mattie gets close to making discoveries.

I also started another two-part Silent Witness. I have a weird feeling this might be Leo's last appearance. I really dislike the spook dude who's going around pulling strings but being a total ass about it. I hope he goes down in the end.

Finished up the two-part Blue Heelers episode and I'm happy to say it's not Wayne's swan song. At least not yet. Great ending to this storyline.

Star Trek: Discovery keeps ramping up the emotional toll on the characters. It's so, so good. I'll be finishing up the second season soon and diving into Picard's second season. I hope I'm not disappointed. I've never been a big fan of Q.

That's pretty much it for the weekly update. Tonight's post is from Weathering the Storm, a novella that takes an upcoming blizzard to sexy places.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Gabby Carns and Tim Appleby live in a remote, mountainous region. When the weather report warns of massive snow fall, the couple prepares for the coming blizzard. But instead of being fearful, they're looking forward to the alone time—nothing brings out the steamy romance like a plunge in the temperature.

And a snippety peek…

Gabby woke to the smell of frying bacon and rich, dark coffee. "God, I love that man." Throwing the comforter off, she grinned.

Tim had the fireplace going and the wood burner stoked. She could walk around nude and not get chilled—which she decided to do. Slipping down the stairs, she entered the kitchen to find Tim's naked ass greeting her. He had his I love bacon apron on and her mouth split into a wide smile. The man had a super sexy behind

She moved behind him, cupping his butt checks in her hands. "Food smells good and your ass feels great." She squeezed the globes, satisfied when the apron tented forward.

Tim transferred the last slices to the draining plate then turned toward her. She untied the apron, dropped to her knees, and ducked under the cotton fabric. Licking her lips, she engulfed the head of his cock, sucking hard. Her hand wrapped around the girth and tugged lightly.

Tim dragged the apron off, his fingers sinking into her hair, holding her in place. He flexed his hips and she hollowed her cheeks, swirling her tongue around the thick shaft. He groaned, giving her an indication he wouldn't last long. She grabbed his ass, fingertips digging into the sculpted flesh and he erupted, emptying his seed into her waiting mouth.

He grasped her shoulders, tilting her chin upward to slant his mouth over hers. His tongue swept inside, sharing the lingering essence of himself. Gabby got lost in the kiss until her stomach growled.

She eased away, rocking back on her heels. "Now that the appetizer is out of the way. Let's dig in to breakfast." She rose and reached past him to grab the plate of bacon.

His head dipped and his lips latched on to her nipple. He flicked his tongue around the tip until it hardened then pulled away to grab the eggs and hash browns.

Tingly all over, she huffed out a breath. "What was that for?" She placed the bacon on the table so she didn't drop the plate.

Tim sent her a smoldering look. "Just a sampling of my dessert." He dropped down into the chair and set the food down.

A heated flush made her temperature rise. "Can't wait." She sat across from him and poured coffee from the carafe.

She wouldn't rush eating breakfast, but the dessert comment made her not want to linger either. And Tim's partially hidden smirk promised the dishes would definitely wait until after he'd had his treat.

I love Tim and Gabby and their playful banter with sexy undertones. This is such a fun story to write.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment