Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Snippet: X Marks the Spot

Another busy week with multiple projects on all the burners. I've been doing oracle card readings every morning and, based on what I'm seeing, things won't be slowing down anytime soon. I'm totally okay with that.

We had a few lovely days of spring before winter came roaring back. Two days in the mid-thirties with rain and flurries. Bleh. Then again, when I'm still wearing shorts and flip-flops in October, I'll try to remember being cold in March.

Not a bad week of television viewing. I'm kind of off-schedule, but that happens sometimes. I have a couple of movies and musical specials I want to watch and that might swing things back to my usual show cycle.

I started the week with Star Trek: Discovery and, ugh, I got very emotional. I've got one final episode, I think, of season two and then I might dive into the Ready Room to get some insider details.

Caught two episodes of Chicago Med and I kind of like the tension building between everyone. Sad to see Will and Nat's wedding not happen and I really disliked the FBI agent overseeing him. Not sure how I feel about the whole Rhodes dynamic. But, knowing what I know about what happens later, it'll prove interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Watched two episodes of Snoopy in Space: The Search for Life. I'm still enjoying the science stuff mixed in with the antics of Snoopy and Woodstock. I'm always kind of in my happy place after I watch the short features.

I liked the Cuffs episode this week. There's a good mix of humor and drama in this show and I enjoy the partner dynamics. The detective stories are a blend of weird and gritty and I like those angles also.

Enjoyed two episodes of Silent Witness. Finished up the second episode of a two-parter and it didn't go in the direction I thought it would. I love when that happens. Started a new two-parter and it's kind of intense, which I like. The detective is a bit of a hard ass and that kind of annoys me, but it's good drama.

I'm almost finished with Classic Who season twenty-three. As expected, the Master made an appearance. I'm a little wobbly on the whole Doctor's darker side thing, but it's an interesting concept and gets a little work-in during the New Who series episodes.

Caught two more episodes of Aliens in Alaska and I like getting a bit of an education about the remote central interior of the state and the smaller towns. The UFO and alien stuff is just gravy.

Watched two more episodes of Muppets Now. This version of the show is growing on me and I like the repeat appearances by a couple of the guest stars along with one or two new ones that pop in. Of course, I love the Muppet Labs field testing, probably my favorite skit of the new version.

Harrow is really amping up the tension. I'm still so angry they killed off one of my favorite characters but I like how it makes Harrow do some soul-searching. I have no clue what the hell Maxine is doing but I hope there's a good reason for it. The one character that annoys me still annoys me so no change there.

Enjoyed another episode of Peak Practice. We're moving into the trauma of the week style and I'm kind of okay with that. There's enough carry through from previous episodes it still feels like the same show. I'm almost finished with season seven and I'm still liking the show.

Finished up MasterClass with Es Devlin. I thoroughly enjoyed her lessons and actually have some good information to apply to my work. Should be starting a new class this week and I'm planning on going with another science series.

Caught two episodes of Young Wallander and, wow, this show hits hard sometimes. I kind of guessed about who really had a hand in the killings and I'm glad that played out the way I thought it would. I won't rule out another twist though. I'm kind of expecting one.

I started season three of Classic Rugrats and watched several episodes. A couple are probably in my top five for this season—at least until I watch more.

Finished up Queens of Mystery with the final Behind the Scenes bonus. I'm actually glad I did watch because I wondered if they'd recast the lead character and they had. I might need to revisit so I have the details straight but the recast is fairly seamless.

Also watched another episode of Blue Heelers and really enjoyed it. Nice to get some additional backstory about Nick. I'm also such a fan of Chrissy and Adam's relationship. I hope that lasts for a while.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from X Marks the Spot, a novella that takes a couple to a tropical destination to explore their wildest fantasies.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Nydia Vreeland takes her boyfriend, Declan Morris, on an adult adventure vacation where sexy fun and games ensue. X Marks the Spot Private Island Resort caters to couples who want to push the boundaries of their sexual experience. The way Nydia figures things, there's no way she can lose.

And a snippety peek…

After getting settled by grabbing a shower and changing for dinner with Grant and Heidi, Declan walked arm in arm with Nydia along the brick walkway to the house.

He nudged Nydia with his shoulder. "You knew I'd be attracted to Heidi, didn't you?" Nydia always nailed his taste to a tee.

She gave him a quick grin. "Yep. Added bonus that she's with Grant." Her eyebrows shot up then back down.

He chuffed out a laugh. "I can always trust you to get it right." One of their fantasies involved swapping partners with another couple.

Heidi met them at the door and directed them through a butler's pantry that doubled as a beverage station. Grant manned the bar, mixing frothy drinks with pineapple and spiced rum. Their meal consisted of an array of pork, fish, grilled vegetables, and fresh fruits. The conversation and chemistry between everyone couldn't be beat, considering they'd all met that very day.

Declan leaned back on the couch when they moved to the living room and soaked up the atmosphere. Nydia perched by his side on the arm of the sofa and draped an arm over his shoulders. Grant and Heidi reclined on the loveseat facing them.

Declan nodded. "Thank you for the incredible meal. This has been a wonderful evening." Truly relaxed for the first time in ages, he appreciated the no-pressure approach their hosts had taken.

Heidi cracked a smile. "It has been lovely." She leaned forward a little. "It's also a little rare for us to hit it off with a couple so completely. You two are amazing."

Grant lifted his chin. "It's refreshing to entertain without a need to put on the brakes, so to speak. You're not in a rush to get into physical interactions and aren't spending every moment asking about how soon we can hit the bedroom." His lips curved. "We enjoy getting to know our guests and like taking the time to do so in a casual setting."

Nydia tilted her head to one side. "Do most people not want to savor the anticipation? Are they really in a big rush?" Her fingers brushed along Declan's collar with absent motions.

Heidi laughed. "Usually, yes. That's why it's been such a great night with you. You're not diving into the deep end without a care. You'll enjoy your stay so much more if you take the time to really shed inhibitions and welcome a new mindset." She glanced toward Grant. "We don't have the opportunity to work together often and we're looking forward to this … probably as much as you are."

Grant wrapped an arm around Heidi. "She's right. That's why we wanted to get to know you better. Have either of you had experience with more than one partner?"

Declan shook his head. "No, but we've talked about it and I'm eager to experience one of our fantasies." He laced his fingers with Nydia's. "I'll let Nydia answer for herself.

This story started out as a challenge to take a couple out of their comfort zone and it's been a lot of fun to write.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin 

No comments:

Post a Comment