Sunday, May 8, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Zinging Barbs (a South of the Border bonus free read)

What a crazy week of weather. We had rain, rain, rain, which is probably great for the gardens—as long as the plants are hardy. We also had some close to freezing temps in the wee hours of the morning.

Another super-busy work week. Started a few new projects and I'm humming along on some others. I like having a variety of work and I definitely have that right now.

Another slower week for television. I got started again on doing some clearing out and sorting of stuff I've put off way too long. The good news is I've discovered a ton of missing socks, which makes me very happy.

I watched the second episode of Harrow's third season. So far, I really, really dislike the new boss. But … I kind of love the dynamic between Harrow and Fairley. Discovering Grace is married is something I'm on the fence with, but we'll see what happens there.

Caught another episode of Blue Heelers. I'm a little disappointed to find out I won't be able to watch the bulk of the series now. It seems to have been removed from the streaming service I've been watching it on. Maybe it'll pop back up again. I still have the season to finish then I'll see what happens.

Enjoyed another lesson of MasterClass with Neil deGrasse Tyson. This one talked about systems of beliefs.

Finished up Young Wallander: Killer's Shadow and it did not disappoint. I hope there's another season of this show.

Watched two episodes of Classic Rugrats. I enjoy having this show on in the background when I'm reading emails.

Caught an episode of Chicago Med and, wow, I'm starting to wonder a little if this is Conor's last season. Things seem to be ramping up quickly.

Enjoyed another episode of The Snoopy Show. This one had a bunch of spring-like vignettes.

Watched another episode of Loch Ness and there didn't seem to be a lot of forward momentum on the case, but little revelations popped up and into the storyline. I'm excited for the next episode.

Finished up the second part of Silent Witness. I'm kind of happy Thomas didn't do something sketchy with the information he had on the ex's new boyfriend. Even though she pretty much deserves anything he hands out. She's a piece of work.

Managed to finish an arc of Classic Who. I'll be starting a new one this week. I'm still on the fence with Mel as a companion. She does a lot of screaming.

Also watched the last episode of The Laundry Guy. I actually hope he does another round of episodes. I thoroughly enjoyed the six available.

Watched the Marvel Assembled: The Making of Hawkeye. Honestly, I really loved the first season and I'm kind of hoping there will be another, even if it's primarily Clint-free. Some great groundwork is out there if they continue this.

Started a new episode of The Hardy Boys. I love the mystery of this season and I can't wait to finish this episode.

That's pretty much it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Zinging Barbs, a bonus free read set in the South of the Border universe.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Relic finder Vaughn Dyson sticks much closer to home since Faulkner Roush saved her life, but when an artifact all but lands in her lap, she insists on taking it to the university for safe-keeping, which Faulkner can't argue about even if they'll be late for a party in their honor.

And a snippety peek…

Faulkner Roush smashed the accelerator and shot past a large van then jammed on the brakes when another car cut him off. "Dammit!" He slid his gaze to his passenger. "Why the hell are we doing this again?" A spot opened up and he zoomed through.

Vaughn Dyson barely held on to the artifact, wrapped protectively in padding and paper foam. "Because my luck is shit—even though this beauty practically fell from the sky into my lap—and the black market dealers would probably kill to get their hands on it." She angled her head toward him. "You don't want to put our friends in danger, right?"

As if. And definitely hell no. Like he and Vaughn, their friends had to fight to be together. Lars and Kiernan, Vail and Ellery, and Hayden and Lilith finally had peace and calm in their lives. He and Vaughn didn't need to wreck their friend's hard-won happiness.

Of course, their status as a couple might be short-lived … if they couldn't make it to a gathering in their honor.

Taking a sharp left, he squeezed through the alley behind the university. "You know we're gonna be late. Again." They'd been late to the formal ceremony at the university bestowing an award for the return of the jade relic that had brought them back together.

Vaughn rolled her eyes. "Remind me again who made us late for that award?" Her lips curved in a sexy grin.

Faulk grunted. "Technically?" He flicked his gaze sideways. "You did. That dress all but begged me to strip it off…" He veered to the right and drove into the parking garage, pulling up to the freight entrance. "And I didn't hear any complaints or protests." He did, however, hear her vocal moans during their steamy sex on the sofa.

She smirked. "What can I say. You in a tuxedo is a big turn-on." Popping the handle, she ducked out of the vehicle. "Be back in five. I'm only taking this one floor up. It'll be safe in the vault until Tuesday." Pushing the door closed with her ass, she quickly entered the elevator and headed out of sight.

After five minutes passed, Faulk drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. "Come on, Vaughn. Don't get sucked into any debates with long-winded professors." He'd give her a little longer then all bets were off.

They had someplace to be.

I have a lot of love for Vaughn and Faulkner. Their story is coming along nicely and we'll get to visit with more characters from the South of the Border series.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment