Sunday, September 18, 2022

Sunday Snippet: Fair Play

Not a bad week. I made excellent headway on the two projects I'm editing and got some writing of my own done. The weather has been so nice and comfortable. Not quite chilly enough to be considered fall but also not the sweltering yuck we often have this time of year.

I'm finally more or less back on my regular viewing schedule. I might be dropping one of my streamers because they're going to paid only and, frankly, I'm not that interested in the content to pay five bucks a month for it. We'll see how it goes.

Caught several episodes of Classic Rugrats. I'm into season four and trawling through the memory banks. I love reminiscing about sitting with the kids and watching this when they were wee little ones.

Watched maybe the last episode of Chicago Med for me. This is the streamer that's going to paid only and I'm not that interested in continuing to watch. I'll see what happens in a few weeks.

Enjoyed two episodes of Batman: The Animated Series. I have so much love for this series and tend to rewatch on a semi-frequent basis. There's a very good stable of villains and the animation is great.

Caught another episode of Ted Lasso. Gotta say I thoroughly enjoyed Ted losing his shit with Rebecca. I also loved the whole method of breaking the curse. This is a great show.

Watched the season eight finale of The Brokenwood Mysteries. I have a behind the scenes episode to watch then another wait for new episodes. Looking forward to seeing what Mike had to say to the proposal at the end.

Enjoyed the second part of Silent Witness. Looking forward to seeing what season twenty has to offer. I'm loving the dynamic between the characters.

Finished up season twenty-five of Classic Who. Not a bad way to end the season. I also discovered there's at least one more so I'll start it this week.

Caught another episode of Strangest Things. I liked the segments in this episode. A hoax and a spectacular way-before-its-time device caught my attention.

Loved the episode of The Book of Boba Fett. It featured the return of the Mandalorian and I'm a little spoiled for season two of The Mandalorian because of this, but I'm totally okay with that.

Enjoyed another episode of Only Murders in the Building. This show. I have a lot of love for it and can't wait to jump in to season two.

Watched the season eight finale of Peak Practice. A lot of moving pieces and setting things up for next season. I'll be starting nine in the near future.

Caught another MasterClass lesson with Roxane Gay. She focused on the business of writing and I ended up getting some good information from this lesson.

Umbrella Academy ended up being great. I'm really loving this show. I very much enjoy finding out little bits and pieces about the characters and the pacing is excellent.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Fair Play, a sexy short follow-up to Imagination.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Rand Allerdyce takes Holland Dukes by surprise, bringing their sexy games to her office when she's working late one evening. Rand plans to engage Holland's voyeuristic side and give her the thrill of possibly being caught. Holland loves the idea as much as she loves Rand.

And a snippety peek…

Hollace glanced up from her laptop. "Janie, did you get the email about the seven p.m. call with the Seattle office?" Why did they want to push the four o'clock phone meeting back today of all days?

Janie popped her head inside Hollace's office. "I did and Jones Lawrence just pinged me on our instant messenger to apologize. Apparently one of their partners is getting in late due to a delayed flight." She shook her head. "They don't want to reschedule to a different day because they need your input for a client meeting tomorrow." Janie hesitated a moment. "Do you need me to stay? Or come back?" Her gaze went to the clock, ticking toward three p.m.

Hollace waved her off. "No. I'll have them send the summary of the meeting to you via email. It'll be the least they can do for notifying us at the last moment." She grabbed her phone from her desk. "I'll stick around. By the time I get home, I'd have to turn around to come back in for the call." Her dinner plans with Rand would have to happen on another night.

Janie arched her brows. "Are you sure? I'll call the daycare center if you need me."

Hollace shook her head. "Uh-uh. Tim's working nights this week, right?" When Janie nodded, Hollace continued. "No way then. Head out at your normal time. No sense racking up additional fees." Especially when Janie hoped to become a homeowner soon.

Janie flashed a smile. "All right. But if they change the call to an earlier time, I can stay until six before I'm charged extra." She ducked back out and settled behind her desk.

Hollace swiped to her contacts and hit Rand's number.

He answered on the second ring. "Hello, beautiful. What do I owe for this midday call?"

Hollace pictured him behind his desk, jacket off and sleeves rolled up. "A rain check on dinner tonight. I have to stick around for late call from our Seattle location."

Rand tsked. "Rain check it is. We'll shoot for Thursday. I've got a light week."

She smiled. "Thursday should work. I'll grab some takeout on the way home. The Asian place around the corner has the best dumplings."

Rand hummed. "Mmm. Sounds great. I'll see you later." He signed off. "I love you."

Hollace returned the sentiment. "Love you, too." She ended the call and sat back in her chair.

Maybe she and Rand could have their cuisine in bed and dine naked.

I have an idea for a couple more stories with Rand and Hollace so this might end up as a small series. Yay!


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment