Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday Snippet: How to Tell Off the Boss

Well, February has so far been a crazy mix of freezing, in the teens temperatures and mild almost spring-like weather. Mother Nature is in a mercurial mood right now and it's wild trying to figure out how to dress for the day. I miss being able to get my winter stuff out and not having to bother with warm-weather clothes for a couple of months.

Had a busy week with work projects and have a couple more lined up in the near future. I'm kind of happy they're all different types of manuscripts and none are in the same stage of editing.

Had a slow week of television. I'm still working to get everything from the old PC to the new one and ran into another snag with trying to set up my email accounts. Spent a large portion of the week trying to figure that out and get it working. Bleh.

I did catch the pilot episode of Pennyworth and really enjoyed it. I've heard great things and now that I know season three is the end, I'm going to attempt to watch before it disappears too.

I also watched the second part of the Battlestar Galactica miniseries with one of my friends. I'm so excited to have this rewatch party to look forward to each week. We'll be trying two episodes a week starting with season one.

Got a start on the latest season of Midsommer Murders. Barely got through the opening credits so I'll have to finish up this week.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from How to Tell Off the Boss, a novella that teams up coworkers to solve a problem and they discover they're very well-matched.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Orin Murdoch's boss, the newly installed VP of sales, is driving him insane with new promotions that just don't work. Edda Case, an upstart marketing whiz, takes Orin in hand and teaches him how to tell off the boss with style and how to win Edda's heart in the process.

And a snippety peek…

Edda stayed focused on trying to track Linna's movements for another hour then suggested calling it a night. "My eyes are crossing. That usually means it's time to change gears." She closed the laptop and set it aside.

Orin leaned back and folded his arms behind his head. "I think the lack of a presence on social media means we're on the right track, would you agree?" His eyes slid shut and he exhaled on a long breath.

Edda gave a nod. "That along with the lack of public records. Yeah, we're getting closer." She bit back a yawn.

Orin straightened and closed his laptop. "Thanks. This is above and beyond." He put the computer on the table beside hers.

Edda stretched. "So … you got anything I can sleep in?" A T-shirt would work, or an oversized sweatshirt.

Orin turned to face her, leaning in close and cupping her nape. "I could probably find something … but I don't think we're gonna be sleeping." His lips hovered over her mouth.

She groaned. "That's good news because I'm really hot for you right now."

His mouth crushed hers and he grasped her hands then stood up. She followed, keeping her lips firmly against his. His hands cupped her face, and he backed her toward the bedroom. She loosened her buttons and started on his.

He nudged her inside his room and finally broke the embrace. Dragging his shirt off, he unbuckled his belt and undid his pants. Edda unzipped her skirt and let it slide to the floor. Standing in her lacy camisole and thong, she boldly met his gaze before letting herself take in the sight of him. He stayed fit and had defined abdominal muscles and nicely sculpted biceps. Her eyes drifted lower, and she swallowed at the large bulge hidden by his briefs.

Licking her lips, she unclasped her bra and shrugged it off.

Orin gave her a sexy, sly grin and shucked his knit boxers.

She slid her fingers under the waistband of her thong, but Orin shook his head.

He stepped forward. "Let me…" Hooking his thumbs under the fabric, he slipped the lacy garment down her legs.

Anticipation filled her and Orin didn't disappoint. He scooped her up and deposited her on the mattress then eased down beside her.

I love how this one is unfolding. Edda is a fun character and she's working to bring Orin out of his constant work mode. I think it's working.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment