Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday Snippet: Keeping Secrets

The first week of June is in the books and I got a big chunk of my garage cleaned out, which makes me very happy.

Work projects are moving along and I'm hoping to line up another project or two in the near future. I love a full calendar!

I had a decent week of television even with the great garage cleanout. I'm not up to my regular schedule yet and I'm actually okay with that.

I finished up the second half of Silent Witness and actually liked the kind of twisty ending it had. Lots of red herrings in this episode.

Started a watch of Death in Paradise. I've never seen this series from the actual beginning and I'm excited to dive in.

Caught another episode of Only Murders in the Building and I loved having some Mabel backstory. The fact she loved The X-Files as a kid makes me so happy.

Continued my rewatch of Battlestar Galactica. "Resistance" is such a great episode … with the exception of introducing a character I absolutely disliked with intense passion.

Watched an episode of Classic Rugrats. The two segments were ones I had forgotten and I'm always happy to watch those.

That's pretty much it for the life update this week. Tonight's post is from Keeping Secrets, a novella that got a start with a writing community prompt.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Priscilla Porter and Barry McDaniel are a happy couple—but they're keeping secrets from each other, which leads to suspicions and brings them close to breaking up.

And a snippety peek…

Priscilla Porter poured two mugs of coffee. "Nothing like starting the day after noon." Then again, nothing beat late night wake-up calls when her significant other, Barry McDaniel, caught a late flight home.

She startled a little when arms circled her waist, and a stubbled jaw nuzzled her neck. Turning slightly, she met Barry's lips for a lingering kiss. They were coming up on the fifth anniversary of their move-in-together date and she wanted to do something special and fun for him.

She eased away, her gaze drinking in the sight of him. "You're only wearing a towel." Barry grinned. "And you're only in a robe." His fingers trailed along the edges of her lapels.

Priscilla slid her palm down Barry's chest. "Guess that makes it easy to pick to pick up where we left off in the wee hours of the morning." She tugged the towel loose and let it fall to the floor, revealing his expanding hard-on.

Barry's eyebrows arched. "In the kitchen?" He nudged the robe over her shoulders.

The garment glided down, pooling at her feet.

Priscilla leaned into him. "Mmm … maybe not right here." Her lips ghosted over his jawline. "But if you can't run naked in your own place what's the point?" Giving his butt a quick tap, she made a dash for the bedroom.

Barry laughed and gave chase. "You'd better be in my favorite position." His bare feet made slapping sounds on the hard wood.

Priscilla crawled up on the bed on all fours and angled her head around when Barry followed her in. "You mean like this?" She gave her ass a shake.

Barry made a low growl. "Ahh, yeah. Perfect." His knees hit the mattress and he scooted in behind her, his hands skimming along her sides to reach around and cup her breasts.

Priscilla moaned. "The only thing better than wake-up sex is before breakfast sex." Her nipples pebbled under Barry's touch.

Barry nudged his hard length along her folds. "Yeah, but both are distant seconds to coming home sex." He thrust forward, sliding in deep.

Priscilla made a low hum. "Ah, yes. Good point." Her head dropped and she pushed back against him. "Anytime is the best with you."  

I like the premise of this story and can't wait to really explore how things go almost completely wrong when this couple decides to surprise each other.


 

That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment