Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Snippet: Sparkle and Boom


June kind of flew by in a rainy, chilly, dreary kind of way. I'm kind of looking forward to July. Not the heat so much, because it did finally get hot, but mainly in a new month clean slate deal.

Not a bad week for television. I'm staying somewhat caught up on everything. Started out with an episode of In the Dark and I'm happy Murphy and Dean are on speaking terms again. I also love how much Max messes up with her.

Watched another episode of Classic Roswell and enjoyed it a lot. I'd forgotten Michael became an emancipated minor in the first season. For some reason, I thought that happened later.

Caught Frankie Drake Mysteries and loved this one. I thoroughly enjoy seeing historical characters woven into the storyline. I also still want the detective and Mary to hookup but have a feeling Frankie is in his sights. Bummer.

Man… Riverdale truly embraces the batshit crazy. And I love it. I still want Hiram to go down hard. And Alice… oh, Alice. What the hell happened to you? I guess I better keep watching to find out.

Watched an episode of Arrow and it's one I've been looking forward to. I enjoy the future flashes almost as much as I loved the flashbacks. How awesome is having Nyssa train Mia? Seriously.

Caught the next episode of Krypton and didn't really see Brainiac possessing Seb coming. A cool twist though. I'm also quite enjoying having the multiple storylines unfold. So glad to see Lyta's mom back on the screen.

Painkiller Jane had a solid episode even for a clip show. Series television doesn't do those much anymore, which isn't a bad thing, but when they're done well, it's fun to watch.

Watched another episode of Durham County, the first season finale, and wow. Kudos to the actor who portrays Ray Prager, Sr. Watching him unravel was seriously compelling. I'm so curious about the actual… original… serial killer though. Maybe that line will be picked up again?

Started a new episode of Blue Heelers and I'm still enjoying this one.

Also watched the next episode of Midsomer Murders, which ended up being terrific. The mix of themes with Romeo and Juliet and Sleeping Beauty worked out better than expected.

Got two more episodes of Peter Gunn in and also two more of Classic Who. Not a bad way to round out the week.

And that's it for television this week. Tonight's post is from Sparkle and Boom, an Organic Nature short.

Here's the mini-blurb:

Eppie Collins and Vin Derbish head back to the city for another fireworks extravaganza. Margie comes through with comping the VIP suite again, but right before the thrilling show, the couple is interrupted by the last minute arrival of the registered occupant, much to Margie's dismay.

And a snippety peek…

Eppie Collins finished wrapping her latest batch of hand-milled soap. "I love this fabric. Gotta let Dani know she picked a good one." Her sister bought several bolts of tropical-themed material at an estate sale.
The side door popped open and Vin walked into the house. "Hey… glad I caught you here and didn't have to go searching for you." He toed his boots off and shucked his jeans, which were covered in a combination of drywall dust, wood shavings, and… metallic flecks. "Is anyone here? Do you have customers?" He snagged a pair of shorts from the railing in the laundry room.
Eppie grinned. "Not at the moment. Never know who might walk in though." She made her way around the island Vin had built for her while he shrugged out of his T-shirt. "What brings you home so early in the middle of the day?" The weather had been hot and dry, usually perfect conditions for construction.
Vin huffed out a harsh breath before draping a clean shirt over his shoulder. "Gotta wait on an inspection before we can move on to the next phase of building." His lips quirked in a grin. "And that won't happen until the fifth." He waggled his eyebrows. "So I'm all yours for the next three days. Check that. After I shower, I'm all yours." He started toward the stall he'd tucked into the corner of the laundry area.
Eppie followed him, her gaze riveted to his sculpted ass. "What are the guys going to do?" All of his crews were working on the big project, a discount convenience store.
Vin turned the water on, barely letting it warm up before he stepped under the spray. Considering how hot it had been lately, she didn't blame him. She couldn't do the cold shower thing though.
Vin squirted some shampoo in his palm. "I'm giving them two days off paid at their regular pay scale. Their holiday pay will be the prevailing wage." The bid for the store construction had been at union rates.
Eppie loved how much Vin looked after his employees. He had a good group of guys who showed up day after day and did terrific work. Vin rewarded them when he could with paid time off and bonuses.
"Eppie? Did you hear me?"
She shook her head. "What? Sorry, I was adding to my running list of epic Vin moments." She laughed. "I'm listening now."
Vin repeated his earlier question. "Do you wanna maybe get away for a day or two? Can you get someone to cover the farm on short notice?" He rinsed off and cut the water.
Eppie nodded. "I'm sure I can. What did you have in mind?" Even if Lily had already made plans with Ken, Eppie wouldn't mind shuffling things around to have a few days with Vin.
Vin toweled off. "I was thinking we might head to the city for the fireworks show. Gonna be hard to top New Year's Eve but we can try." His lips curved in a wolfish grin.
Eppie shuddered. New Year's Eve would go down as one her absolute favorite getaways with Vin. Maybe Maj could work her magic again and find a room for them.
Eppie fished her phone out of her pocket. "Let me make a call. See if Maj has anything available." She swiped through her contacts and found the hotel.
Vin quickly dressed. "If she can't, we'll wing it. Drive in for the day, watch the show down by the river then head back after. We can stop at that waffle place you love."
Eppie quirked a brow. "You mean the one you introduced me to? Because I distinctly remember you raving about it." Vin made a who-me gesture and Eppie laughed but quickly sobered when her friend answered. "Hi, Maj. It's Eppie… would you have anything available over the holiday…"

I have so much fun with this series. Eppie and Vin are a terrific couple!



That's it for this week. Happy reading!

Skylin

No comments:

Post a Comment